Background Check

Selene1984

I live and applied for a fed ex ground job in Illinois.
I consented to a backround check but never got a copy of the consent or disclosure. I received a letter with my backround check info. They went all the way back to 2001 and it is 2018. I thought that was not supposed to happen on illinois. Also my dob is wrong on the bc check and my ssn check has a previous address in ct. I have never even been there.

It will be fine

I consented to a backround check but never got a copy of the consent or disclosure. I received a letter with my backround check info. They went all the way back to 2001 and it is 2018. I thought that was not supposed to happen on illinois. Also my dob is wrong on the bc check and my ssn check has a previous address in ct. I have never even been there.
Cool story. Did you have a question?

Mutineer

So the background check has you confused with another person. Happens all the time. Is their background 'better' than yours? If so, run with it.

There's two ways to be a driver at XG. Be stupid, or play stupid.

It will be fine

The question was how far can they legally go back in illinois with a backround check and what can be done if it has incorrect info
They can call your preschool. It’s a job application not some government intrusion into your personal life. If the info is wrong call the company that performed the background check, it happens all the time especially if you have a common name.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Did you cross the border????

Selene1984

They can call your preschool. It’s a job application not some government intrusion into your personal life. If the info is wrong call the company that performed the background check, it happens all the time especially if you have a common name.
Actually no they cant. A criminal background check is only allowed to go back 7 years in some states and 10 in others to give felons a chance at a job who have been clean. Yes i did catch a case at 17. Yes i did go to jail for a few years. But. I am now 34 have not been in trouble in 14 years. So i still deserve a chance.

Star B

White Lightening
Actually no they cant. A criminal background check is only allowed to go back 7 years in some states and 10 in others to give felons a chance at a job who have been clean. Yes i did catch a case at 17. Yes i did go to jail for a few years. But. I am now 34 have not been in trouble in 14 years. So i still deserve a chance.
holy snap, we've got an internet hardass lawyer here with the ELITE moniker of "New Member". Why don't you do your own research if you know so much? Why don't you call your hiring manager and ask for the disclosure? I mean, you were already in jail, the fact that you applied to Ground and they might have found your jail time would make you fit right into the Ground ecosystem.

Mutineer

You must be really desperate for a job if yer worried about getting hired at XG.

Don't sweat the background check UNLESS it works against you and you are NOT hired because of it. THEN dispute it.

I know what it's like to need a job and to be stressed out about not being able to find one.

If this is your situation, my condolences.

It will be fine

Very few states limit a background check for convictions, most that do only limit it for positions that pay less than $20k. Typically Ground stops at 10 years, all you can do is call the company that ran it and correct any errors.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
holy snap, we've got an internet hardass lawyer here with the ELITE moniker of "New Member". Why don't you do your own research if you know so much? Why don't you call your hiring manager and ask for the disclosure? I mean, you were already in jail, the fact that you applied to Ground and they might have found your jail time would make you fit right into the Ground ecosystem.
He needs neck Tats and at least 1 full sleeve.

bacha29

Sounds like the guy would be perfect for delivering after dark in the high crime districts of Chicago. Well conditioned to being mugged, stabbed, beat up, shot at etc. Wouldn't even faze him in the least. Gotta give him credit for trying to reclaim his own life. Hope he succeeds because at 34 he's running out of time and it sounds like the bg check system is not serving him well.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What’d ya do?