Bad Moon Rising

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Are you faulting Fred, or the CEO's of the other 90 companies, for taking full advantage of the tax laws to benefit their companies? Do you not take advantage of each and every deduction that you are legally entitled to take?
Because the CEO's stubbornly refuse to share the wealth with wage increases, better benefits, increased hiring etc. As if you didn't know.

Why should the working stiff get a tax bill every year for trying to make a living while Fred and the others don't have to pay anything? Those guys can live comfortably the rest of their lives without having to earn another nickel.

Cactus

I don't know if this is just local, but one of our operation managers just told us Ground is no longer accepting packages because they are a week and a half behind and can't catch up.
They'll just dump them on express so they can be a week and half behind.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The PR damage has to be considerable. Hopefully the lesson to be learned is that contractors ran out of fast food wage labor long before they ran out of boxes.
Will they learn from it? Learn that you'll never get $40 an hour effort for a $15 wage ? Of course not.

Let me clue you in -- the PR hit consists of some people saying "I think they should pay a bunch of taxes."

No one expects $40/hour effort.

59 Dano

Why do you always defend/deflect/rationalize what Fred does?

Fred is following the tax laws. It sounds like you want me to attack him for the sheer sake of it.

Doesn't it concern you that FedEx pays zero in taxes? Why is that OK when the rest of us poor folk will end up paying for it through increased taxes or attacks on Social Security and Medicare in the future?

I, like FedEx and anyone with a brain, do all I can to legally reduce my tax liability and I expect everyone else to do the same.

I guess a shill does what a shill will do.

Pay ain't bad and the hours are great. Good work if you can get it!

bacha29

Fred does you fool.
We all know how Jim Cramer has long been Fat Freddy's biggest fan. Always crowing about what a great businessman and visionary he thinks he is. . But, tonight in his closing remarks at the end of the show Cramer threw in the towel. He went on to say that X has lost the E-Commerce War.
If that's the case then they need only to look at how Ground is structured to plainly see that it's being called upon to operate in a fashion it was never designed for. There is where they'll find the reason why it lost.

59 Dano

Cut spending huh? So where do you want to start? Veteran's benefits, Head Start, school lunch programs? How about the CDC/ NIH? Or perhaps the USDA food inspectors? Or how about eliminating the FAA? You want to climb into some old Aeroflot like condition plane and go for a ride and with no DHS around you might have an unwelcome piece of luggage in the form of a bomb.

Oh sure cutting spending has long been the battle cry of the cluckers but once the impact starts being felt they're are always hollering first and loudest

The federal budget is THOUSANDS of pages long. I would accuse you of cherry picking specific expenditures for the purpose of dramatic effect, but you're probably not smart enough for that.

If you were, you'd suggest cutting the billions of dollars spend on managing over 700,000 empty buildings.

59 Dano

Because the CEO's stubbornly refuse to share the wealth with wage increases, better benefits, increased hiring etc. As if you didn't know.

What do you think would happen to raises if you jack up their tax bills? I swear, you'd cut off your nose to spite that ugly face of yours.

59 Dano

We all know how Jim Cramer has long been Fat Freddy's biggest fan. Always crowing about what a great businessman and visionary he thinks he is. . But, tonight in his closing remarks at the end of the show Cramer threw in the towel. He went on to say that X has lost the E-Commerce War.
If that's the case then they need only to look at how Ground is structured to plainly see that it's being called upon to operate in a fashion it was never designed for. There is where they'll find the reason why it lost.

I guess they're shutting down tomorrow, huh?

bacha29

I guess they're shutting down tomorrow, huh?
Show me where I said that? What Cramer said I found amusing given how he worshiped the ground Fat Freddy walked but the earlier comments from Donald Broughton a guy who forgot more about the business than you could ever hope to know are far more credible. He cast serious doubt that X will be able to completely recover in the coming year. He places a longer timeline on the recovery. Others must agree because the stock is down $11 this evening in after hours trading. And several banks are reduced their target price on the stock. One as low as 111.

59 Dano

Show me where I said that?

Dude they lost the e-commerce war!

What Cramer said I found amusing given how he worshiped the ground Fat Freddy walked but the earlier comments from Donald Broughton a guy who forgot more about the business than you could ever hope to know are far more credible. He cast serious doubt that X will be able to completely recover in the coming year. He places a longer timeline on the recovery. Others must agree because the stock is down $11 this evening in after hours trading. And several banks are reduced their target price on the stock. One as low as 111.

Yeah, I know. I remember all the football analysts predicting that the 2018 Jaguars would be AFC conference contenders, if not playing in the Super Bowl. For 5 minutes, it looked like it might happen. They beat the Patriots in week 2, then lost to the Titans who started Blaine Freaking Gabbert, who was replaced early in the game by a cripple-handed Marcus Mariota who could barely feel (let alone throw) the football. They later went on a 7 game losing streak and their vaunted defense ranked 28th in the league. Everyone else knew this would happen.

Then the offseason came. They got rid of Blake Bortles one year after signing him to a $54 million contract and replaced him with Super Bowl champ Nick Foles and a 4 year $88 million contract. Once again, they were predicted to tear the conference apart and roll all over everyone with their vaunted defense and new QB. The new QB has been benched in favor of some goof and their best player who is among the best in the entire NFL at his position demanded (and received) a trade. They might win 2 more games than they won the previous season, which still leaves them with a losing record. Everyone else knew this would happen.

Then there's the Browns, who were predicted to do as well as the Jags via adding the weapon of OBJ to Baker Mayfield and a bunch of other things that don't matter because I'm too lazy to go back and look at them and they suck. Everyone else knew this would happen.

TL;DR: You place too much faith in the farts of people who don't really know as much as you think they do and you look silly when you parrot what they say. The whole is always greater than the sum of the parts. You can repeat the words but you don't know what they mean.

Cactus

What do you think would happen to raises if you jack up their tax bills? I swear, you'd cut off your nose to spite that ugly face of yours.
What raises? Is that what you call them?

Your face often gets mistaken for Willie Nelson's ass.

:censored2:

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't know if this is just local, but one of our operation managers just told us Ground is no longer accepting packages because they are a week and a half behind and can't catch up.
I think what it is is that they no longer guarantee something will get to its destination by Christmas. I bet they still accept stuff though.

59 Dano

I think what it is is that they no longer guarantee something will get to its destination by Christmas. I bet they still accept stuff though.

Correct. As of today there is no guarantee that a package will get to its destination by Christmas.

59 Dano

What raises? Is that what you call them?

I bet there would be HUGE INCREASES in wages and benefits if only Fred were taxed through the nose and then some!

Your face often gets mistaken for Willie Nelson's ass.

:censored2:

I still can't figure out why your career never progressed. It's as if you're trying to show me why but I just can't put my finger on it.