Bad Moon Rising

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Another closet worshiper of Fred S. At least Dano and Van T have the human qualities sufficient to be open worshipers of Fat Freddy.
What I call attention to is the corrupt nature of the organization . Instead of focusing on what it takes to be the corporation that it tries to make the public believe it is it spends millions and countless man hours of litigation trying to defend it's business practices and millions more on image building.

And Ground? What is there to be said about it? These so called "entrepreneurs" (contractors) are really little more than slave traders who exist for only two reasons...To keep feeding Fat Freddy's cheap labor addiction and to serve as willing cannon fodder in Fat Freddy's ongoing war against unions.
How silly you are! Pointing out your duplicitousness doesn't make me a 'worshiper" of Smith. It only serves to point out that you are as self-serving as Fred.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It takes a REAL man to be a manager. Someone who is:

1. A really bad courier
2. #1 above, and wants off the road before they get fired for preventables
3. LAZY, as in not willing to break a sweat in the cans or on the road
4. A liar and manipulator. Weak-minded, and easily swayed by purple and orange hype.
5. In love with purple velour blazers that a circus clown would refuse to wear.
6. An abusive personality who likes to command others.
7. A follower, not a leader, because the FedEx playbook is to do everything the Memphis way.
8. Incapable of being an independent thinker.
9. A schemer. Either they want off early every day, or can work-in their girlfriend/boyfriend time on the clock. Or, the golf course/bar/bathhouse in your case.
10. Not smart enough to be a manager or even an hourly at some other decent company that pays well and has ethical standards.

I could keep going, but you get the point.

I do get the point. You rely on excuses.

59 Dano

So, you weren't capable of making enough money at what you were doing to handsomely compensate your employees, but demand that others do so? I'm not suggesting you should have continued with FXG, but utilize your entrepreneurial savvy to develop your own successful business.

Double standard.

I don't think he made enough money to have any employees.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
All the time. That's why you respond with gibberish and company pablum. I present either facts or reasoned arguments that are explained as such.
19789999.jpg

59 Dano

These deserve a closer look.

It takes a REAL man to be a manager. Someone who is:

1. A really bad courier

How good you are (or aren't) as a courier has little bearing on how good/bad of a manager you'll be. A courier is responsible for the work of one person, a manager is responsible for the work of many people. You don't have to be a great courier to be able to see the bigger picture and effectively lead a group of people.

From experience, outstanding couriers don't make the best managers.

2. #1 above, and wants off the road before they get fired for preventables

Bitter MF babble.

3. LAZY, as in not willing to break a sweat in the cans or on the road

Handlers and couriers do those jobs and, according to you, do them better.

4. A liar and manipulator. Weak-minded, and easily swayed by purple and orange hype.
5. In love with purple velour blazers that a circus clown would refuse to wear.
6. An abusive personality who likes to command others.

Filler.

7. A follower, not a leader, because the FedEx playbook is to do everything the Memphis way.
8. Incapable of being an independent thinker.

LOL. Quite the opposite. You are a leader. Lead to the desired result. It's not "Hey guy, do whatever you want." It's a structured company with goals and avenues to a achieve them.

9. A schemer. Either they want off early every day, or can work-in their girlfriend/boyfriend time on the clock. Or, the golf course/bar/bathhouse in your case.
10. Not smart enough to be a manager or even an hourly at some other decent company that pays well and has ethical standards.

More filler.

I could keep going, but you get the point.

I do. Your biggest struggles would be with 7 & 8. You would be unable to handle an underling with an attitude like your own, would prefer to simply do things however you wanted them and wouldn't want to have to answer for them or be held accountable because you think you know better than anyone above you, way too sensitive to criticism, and your preference is to nitpick and complain about others because it keeps the attention on them and off of you.

Anyone with aaallllll the answers and who displays such animosity to management already knows that he doesn't have the talent or the smarts to lead a group of people and take responsibility for them - that's why he acts the way he does. That's why you act the way you do. Make all the excuses you want.

vantexan

How good you are (or aren't) as a courier has little bearing on how good/bad of a manager you'll be. A courier is responsible for the work of one person, a manager is responsible for the work of many people. You don't have to be a great courier to be able to see the bigger picture and effectively lead a group of people.

Bitter MF babble.

Filler.

LOL. Quite the opposite. You are a leader. Lead to the desired result. It's not "Hey guy, do whatever you want." It's a structured company with goals and avenues to a achieve them.

More filler.

I do. Your biggest struggles would be with 7 & 8. You would be unable to handle an underling with an attitude like your own, would prefer to simply do things however you wanted them and wouldn't want to have to answer for them or be held accountable because you think you know better than anyone above you, way too sensitive to criticism, and your preference is to nitpick and complain about others because it keeps the attention on them and off of you.

Anyone with aaallllll the answers and who displays such animosity to management already knows that he doesn't have the talent or the smarts to lead a group of people and take responsibility for them - that's why he acts the way he does. That's why you act the way you do. Make all the excuses you want.
Just as in couriers there is no one size fits all in managers. Some managers lead by example. They know all the routes and are willing to roll up their sleeves and work. Some never lift a finger and don't seem to know what we do out there. Some want our input and some want us to do what they say without question. Fine if they know what they're talking about. Hilarious when things blow up in the faces of those that don't. Worst of all is the us vs them mentality that pervades much of FedEx management. FedEx often goes through the motions of listening in meetings. But if a senior is by the book any ideas that might actually work better are often shot down. Not policy. At any rate it's an insane system that I'm glad I no longer participate in.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Bitter MF babble.

Filler.

More filler.

I'll bet you were a terrible courier and that your primary reason for becoming a manager is to control others so you can feel better about yourself.