Bad Moon Rising

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I still can't figure out why your career never progressed. It's as if you're trying to show me why but I just can't put my finger on it.
Why are you so worried about that?

Maybe i didn't feel like selling my soul. You probably sold your's real cheap.

You can't put your finger on it because it's permanently up your ass.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

I still can't figure it out. We *KNOW* it's not because you're a dumb uncouth clown with no initiative who shuns responsibility in favor of excuses.

bacha29

How can he even see his finger when his entire head is currently involved in the task of performing a cranial colonoscopy on Fat Freddy?

Cactus

I still can't figure it out. We *KNOW* it's not because you're a dumb uncouth clown with no initiative who shuns responsibility in favor of excuses.
You still "work" at the place that's world famous for excuses. Ask any customer that's ever called 800-GoFedex.

Last edited:

snowcat66

I see why Fred waited til after hours trading to report earnings. profit down 40%! ouch. Lucy you got some splaining to do...

Cactus

I see why Fred waited til after hours trading to report earnings. profit down 40%! ouch. Lucy you got some splaining to do...
aFgpI-1487694421-7840-list_items-quotes_lucy.png

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You still "work" at the place that's world famous for excuses. Ask any customer that's ever called 800-GoFedex.

You worked there until you got old and retired. I'll probably work there until I get old and retire.

WTF is your point?

bacha29

They always do it after hours.
Not always. Only in recent years did they report after hours. They had been releasing earnings reports in the AM prior to the opening bell....but that was when times were good.
BTW I see that Bezos has signed the lease on 10 737-800's from a private equity group called Sun Country. Don't be surprised that sometime between now and the end of next year he buys an airline.

bacha29

That's among the first courses of study taught at the academy. Officially it's called "Strategic Misrepresentation " . It the term used to teach people how to lie.

Cactus

You worked there until you got old and retired. I'll probably work there until I get old and retire.

WTF is your point?
You wouldn’t understand.

Hopefully with the 40% loss in profit, your job will be going by the wayside. (It’s a dead-wood position anyway Dirwood.)

You can go crawling back to the company you worked at before. If they won’t take you, McDonald’s is hiring.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had an issue with a misdelivered Ground package. The genius thought 18 and 50 were the same place. I filed a complaint online, received a prompt reply and very courteous follow up response from the local manager.

Cactus

I had an issue with a misdelivered Ground package. The genius thought 18 and 50 were the same place. I filed a complaint online, received a prompt reply and very courteous follow up response from the local manager.
I had an issue with a Ground package which was signature required. The driver forged my signature, rang the doorbell and took off while I was in spitting distance of the front door. I called to complain about it and just got this sorry excuse, “well he really shouldn’t be doing that ‘cause he’s an independent service provider.” I got pretty upset and told them if we pulled that kind of crap at Express we’d lose our job. Ground sucks and it’s tarnished the FedEx brand.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I had an issue with a Ground package which was signature required. The driver forged my signature, rang the doorbell and took off while I was in spitting distance of the front door. I called to complain about it and just got this sorry excuse, “well he really shouldn’t be doing that ‘cause he’s an independent service provider.” I got pretty upset and told them if we pulled that kind of crap at Express we’d lose our job. Ground sucks and it’s tarnished the FedEx brand.
That's now considered an acceptable consequence.

bacha29

As long as Ground can continue to keep X a lower cost operator than USPS and UPS not much is going to change outside of more freight being shifted to it and more letters to correct being sent to contractors with shorter time lines being given to correct whatever is grinding Fat Freddy's grits .