Bad Moon Rising

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You have such a visceral hate and disrespect for management that could only come from being turned down for a position, booted from a position, or from having a manager who nailed you on something.

No other reasons.
Or simply the emotional maturity of a 2nd grader.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You have such a visceral hate and disrespect for management that could only come from being turned down for a position, booted from a position, or from having a manager who nailed you on something.

No other reasons.

No, Dr.Freud. I don't like FedEx management for the simple reason that they are almost without exception corrupt, lying, complicit enablers that allow Fred to simultaneously expect the world from employees and treat them like disposable diapers

I could easily have entered management at any time and was always heavily recruited. My personal sense of morality and ethics kept me out, a choice I've always been proud of.

You can fantasize however you wish, but that's the simple truth.

I wasn't going to be part of it and I'm proud of it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Have I noticed? Considering I pointed out the turnover that's screwing those dinky airlines, I'd say yes, I noticed.

Here we are in rare agreement that the contractor airlines are hamstrung with staffing issues, yet you still think Amazon Air is going to be this big thing.

ABX and Atlas Air aren't dinky airlines. Perhaps you need to do a bit more research before you flap your mouth. Pilots have the luxury of being in a seller's market these days due to retirements and massive expansion by budget carriers.

Amazon Air can go big whenever it wants to. Bezos could buy a failing carrier like FedEx or he could build his own style of airline.

I fully expect the Express opco to be sold off this next year and rebranded.Fred will still have the other opcos that are profitable, and a new owner will get access to Express landing slots, routes, and facilities

Since the sale price should be heavily discounted, the buyer will get a bargain. The Wal-Mart angle should not be dismissed because the Waltons have enormous capital as well and are looking to become more competitive with Amazon.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Or simply the emotional maturity of a 2nd grader.

Oh, because I disagree with you and your GOP rants? "Demoncrats",
"Dimocrats", etc gets old and tired. Name-calling is the trademark of 2nd graders, so I guess your emotional maturity is at a similar level.

You and Dano are very similar. Rather than argue the merits of a point/issue, you deflect into territory where you attack the accuser.

Because I think FedEx is a corrupt craphole of a company, you "attack", because Fred is some sort of Right Wing icon, "successful businessman" hero, or whatever it is about FedEx that gives you a constant.

Get over it. If you want a discussion, I'm here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

No other reasons.
Oh I see we’re supposed to highly respect the type of managers that Fred wants. The kind that constantly lie to your face, blow you off and misrepresent themselves and the company?

Man you are one delusional SOB. Maybe a visit with Dr. Phil should be your next move.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No, Dr.Freud. I don't like FedEx management for the simple reason that they are almost without exception corrupt, lying, complicit enablers that allow Fred to simultaneously expect the world from employees and treat them like disposable diapers

I could easily have entered management at any time and was always heavily recruited. My personal sense of morality and ethics kept me out, a choice I've always been proud of.

People who play the "it's my sense of ethics" card instead of the dozen or so other reasonable explanations are so full of :censored2: that it's coming out of both ears. It boils down to the fact that they are loudmouths who love to criticize and second guess others but they can't handle that same scrutiny when it's directed toward them. It's easy to have all the answers when you have none of the responsibility.

And in your case, you admitted that you looked the other way when in the presence of all sorts of management dishonesty and crime when you could have done something about it. It's not surprising that you had a chance to step up and chose instead to be an enabling biznitch. It's not your ethics that kept you out of management, it was your lack of a backbone.

59 Dano

ABX and Atlas Air aren't dinky airlines. Perhaps you need to do a bit more research before you flap your mouth. Pilots have the luxury of being in a seller's market these days due to retirements and massive expansion by budget carriers.

Amazon Air can go big whenever it wants to. Bezos could buy a failing carrier like FedEx or he could build his own style of airline.

I fully expect the Express opco to be sold off this next year and rebranded.Fred will still have the other opcos that are profitable, and a new owner will get access to Express landing slots, routes, and facilities

Since the sale price should be heavily discounted, the buyer will get a bargain. The Wal-Mart angle should not be dismissed because the Waltons have enormous capital as well and are looking to become more competitive with Amazon.

You are delusional and then some.

59 Dano

Rather than argue the merits of a point/issue, you deflect into territory where you attack the accuser.

Thankfully, due to your strong ethical standards, you don't do that.

Right?

OH OH OH OH WAIT!!! You'll say that you do it -unless you're dumb enough to claim otherwise- but that it's justified.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Oh, because I disagree with you and your GOP rants? "Demoncrats",
"Dimocrats", etc gets old and tired. Name-calling is the trademark of 2nd graders, so I guess your emotional maturity is at a similar level.

You and Dano are very similar. Rather than argue the merits of a point/issue, you deflect into territory where you attack the accuser.

Because I think FedEx is a corrupt craphole of a company, you "attack", because Fred is some sort of Right Wing icon, "successful businessman" hero, or whatever it is about FedEx that gives you a constant.

Get over it. If you want a discussion, I'm here.
A discussion requires two parties who can debate and proselytize.

You are so irrational that discussion is impossible.

And if you bother to read my posts you would discover that I am critical of FedEx management as well, but my opinion doesn’t veer off into insanity as does yours.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
People who play the "it's my sense of ethics" card instead of the dozen or so other reasonable explanations are so full of :censored2: that it's coming out of both ears. It boils down to the fact that they are loudmouths who love to criticize and second guess others but they can't handle that same scrutiny when it's directed toward them. It's easy to have all the answers when you have none of the responsibility.

And in your case, you admitted that you looked the other way when in the presence of all sorts of management dishonesty and crime when you could have done something about it. It's not surprising that you had a chance to step up and chose instead to be an enabling biznitch. It's not your ethics that kept you out of management, it was your lack of a backbone.

I acted whenever I could to stop abusive management, but since it's a rigged system, you do what you can when you can, as in protecting yourself with documented dirt on falsification, unethical behavior etc.

The classic FedEx manager rants and raves and threatens, kind of like you right now. My way or the highway, because that's "policy".

FedEx management is a step down into the sewer, not "stepping up". There's no fixing a system as badly broken as Express management, but since you're complicit and in agreement with it, you're OK with it, despite the many bad actors and inconsistent and unfair discipline.

Express is on the cusp of failure, and poor management is a big part of why they're going down. The courier of today is about half as effective and productive as in the distant past, and the revolving door of personnel and poor service can be blamed directly on a company that is cheap, regressive, and punitive towards workers.

Better polish up that resume, Dano. You're going to need it. Most progressive companies don't want "platoon leader" managers like you who have no idea how to deal with people effectively.

Perhaps you're still young enough to enlist.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A discussion requires two parties who can debate and proselytize.

You are so irrational that discussion is impossible.

And if you bother to read my posts you would discover that I am critical of FedEx management as well, but my opinion doesn’t veer off into insanity as does yours.

Dude, you're a Trumper, a Thumper, and so irrational that it defies explanation. The first two disqualify you from the ability to have an intelligent discussion, and the third is the icing on the cake (fruitcake, in your case).

bacha29

Dude, you're a Trumper, a Thumper, and so irrational that it defies explanation. The first two disqualify you from the ability to have an intelligent discussion, and the third is the icing on the cake (fruitcake, in your case).
He's just another corporate apologist like Dano and Van Tex.
Here's what happened. Fat Freddy and his disciples believed that they could successfully integrate any company they chose to purchase and go into any country in the world and operate in a successful manner.

Looks like they might have to learn the hard way that it's not possible.

I too tend to agree that if the stock can't find support someplace above it's current 52 week low (137) and continues to slide WalMart may seek to acquire a controlling interest in FDX. The only thing that might discourage them from doing so is the need to remain a common carrier at least in the short term.

59 Dano

I acted whenever I could to stop abusive management, but since it's a rigged system, you do what you can when you can, as in protecting yourself with documented dirt on falsification, unethical behavior etc.

Your talk is matched only by your ability to make excuses for never backing any of it up. And you ALWAYS had an excuse. At best (and by your own admission) you were happy to be part of the problem as long as there was something in it for you.

It's not hard to see why you never stepped up like a man. You didn't have a leg to stand on.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your talk is matched only by your ability to make excuses for never backing any of it up. And you ALWAYS had an excuse. At best (and by your own admission) you were happy to be part of the problem as long as there was something in it for you.

It's not hard to see why you never stepped up like a man. You didn't have a leg to stand on.

It takes a REAL man to be a manager. Someone who is:

1. A really bad courier
2. #1 above, and wants off the road before they get fired for preventables
3. LAZY, as in not willing to break a sweat in the cans or on the road
4. A liar and manipulator. Weak-minded, and easily swayed by purple and orange hype.
5. In love with purple velour blazers that a circus clown would refuse to wear.
6. An abusive personality who likes to command others.
7. A follower, not a leader, because the FedEx playbook is to do everything the Memphis way.
8. Incapable of being an independent thinker.
9. A schemer. Either they want off early every day, or can work-in their girlfriend/boyfriend time on the clock. Or, the golf course/bar/bathhouse in your case.
10. Not smart enough to be a manager or even an hourly at some other decent company that pays well and has ethical standards.

I could keep going, but you get the point.

vantexan

He's just another corporate apologist like Dano and Van Tex.
Here's what happened. Fat Freddy and his disciples believed that they could successfully integrate any company they chose to purchase and go into any country in the world and operate in a successful manner.

Looks like they might have to learn the hard way that it's not possible.

I too tend to agree that if the stock can't find support someplace above it's current 52 week low (137) and continues to slide WalMart may seek to acquire a controlling interest in FDX. The only thing that might discourage them from doing so is the need to remain a common carrier at least in the short term.
If I'm a corporate apologist for telling the truth about their inability to pay UPS similar wages and benefits then so be it. Better than being a liar who tries to whip up anger against them because he has an axe to grind.

bacha29

If I'm a corporate apologist for telling the truth about their inability to pay UPS similar wages and benefits then so be it. Better than being a liar who tries to whip up anger against them because he has an axe to grind.
A corporate apologist in the truest sense of the word. On more than one occasion you cried about the bad treatment you received and how you were lied to regarding pay scale when you like Dano had to go crawling back while at the very same moment you soak your crying towel about how poor Fat Freddy can't pay UPS level wages. Fat Freddy isn't going to worry about what happens to you so why do you feel so sorry for him?

vantexan

A corporate apologist in the truest sense of the word. On more than one occasion you cried about the bad treatment you received and how you were lied to regarding pay scale when you like Dano had to go crawling back while at the very same moment you soak your crying towel about how poor Fat Freddy can't pay UPS level wages. Fat Freddy isn't going to worry about what happens to you so why do you feel so sorry for him?
Not a matter of feeling sorry for him. I just note that you are lying your head off, or at least can't do simple math, when you say he can pay for all of that.

bacha29

Not a matter of feeling sorry for him. I just note that you are lying your head off, or at least can't do simple math, when you say he can pay for all of that.
You and the other resident corporate apologist (Dano) are the only two people on this site who says he can't.