Bad News

satellitedriver

May his soul rest in peace.
May God grant peace to his family.
May all learn to show their love, to those they love, daily.
Sooner or later, there is no tomorrow.

finaddict

Looks like an early morning accident. I'd bet he fell asleep at the wheel. Micro-sleep occurs frequently. I run at night also and there is nothing worse than than blinking and being a mile down the road or forgetting where you are. Unfortunately most of the truck drivers have seen thier share of similiar, if not identical accidents. Really sobering...God bless him and his familiy... :(

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Excuse me, but when you look at this tragic accident, I think as UPSERS we need to post on this news page. I did and I think some of the comments are sickening, we dont even know what happened to our brother.
As an employee with a safe driving record, not a semi, but...........if the family reads this as I am sure they will, looking for comforting comments, they will find some nasty comments. We need to counter them. We do not even yet know what caused this accident.
People can bash UPS all day long. They say we are pushed, and yes we may be, but it is unfair for people to be saying what they are about our integity, or the integrity of what may or may not have happened to our brother.
We have a very large workforce and to say that we drive like idiots, or unsafe, we need to set them straight, for our brothers family.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Tooner

HE might have dozed off, several other situations come to mind. But from what mentioned, it would seem that he was not in control of the vehicle at the time he went off road.

By the looks of the impact, it was pretty much over in an eyeblink.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

d

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Lets all stop guessing what happened to this poor "brother' No one knows what could of happened out there,and his family & friends need our respect & compassion,not our opinions!!! It's easy to arm chair on a situation such as this,but unless you have ever put your fanny in the seat of a ''FEEDER' don't shoot from the hip! Alot of things could of happened to him from equipment failure to being forced off the road,or a suicide attempt in front of him! For all we know he could be a hero and nobody saw it!!!! Please think before we post!!!!! Rest In Peace sir & may the Lord have mercy on your soul !!!!

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but this driver may have well had a heart attack and died before the tires ever left the pavement. Many people every year have fatal sudden heart failure just days after getting a clean bill of health from their Doctor.
However Cove's post is roght on the money.

slantnosechevy

I didn't know this man, but he was a brother from Local 710. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. He was on return from Toledo,Oh. The pictures don't really show the pavement but according to one of my supes. there aren't any skid marks . They've ruled out nothing. Interesting that this overpass was recently added because 13 people died there at the old intersection.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Clarification. I was speaking of the comment board on the link to the trucking article, not my fellow bcers comments on here.