Bc URL overriding any address I type in my browser

fethrs

Latley whenever I'm on bc I can not type in any new website addy, the bc url will only "go away" if I log off, it just pops back up while I'm typing. I can not access any other sites. arrrgh frustrating!:biting:
Don't know if it is my laptop, or maybe my internet settings or the bc site. Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What I generally do is have 2 windows open at the same time. I have BC on one window and access my other websites on the other and will minimize/maximize as needed. When I do have just 1 window open I do not have a problem going to other websites w/o logging off from BC.

fethrs

That brings up a good point. If I already have a site up, for instance youtube, then I can do the same thing, have 2 seperate windows. Otherwise while I'm on bc, I just can't access another site. Didn't have this issue before, just recently, within the last week or so.

klein

Für Meno :)
That brings up a good point. If I already have a site up, for instance youtube, then I can do the same thing, have 2 seperate windows. Otherwise while I'm on bc, I just can't access another site. Didn't have this issue before, just recently, within the last week or so.

Gee, I could have told you that. I always have 3 or more windows up. But, I can still use bc to browse away...(I think - I never do) LOL
I think you have the brownerish cafeteria bacteria !

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Both IE and Firefox have tabbed browsing, have you tried using that feature? My Firefox homepage opens 9 different websites in tabs as soon as I log on. IE will do the same thing (no need to open separate windows) and it's pretty easy to set up.

fethrs

Don't use IE or fire fox, and would prefer not to have to make any changes just because this is happening. I guess I'll just have to "deal with it".

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
What browser are you using then? Safari? Really it sounds like you might need to go into your settings menu and turn off "auto-complete" (I think Safari also has a setting called "Auto-fill").

fethrs

Its the chat feature, if I am logged off I don't have the problem. I just tried it.
If anyone else experiences this, if you want to be on the bc chat and see other sites, have those sites up first before you log on to bc/chat.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Both IE and Firefox have tabbed browsing, have you tried using that feature? My Firefox homepage opens 9 different websites in tabs as soon as I log on. IE will do the same thing (no need to open separate windows) and it's pretty easy to set up.

I have 4 homepages that open. :happy-very:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Fethrs, To my knowledge this isn't a widespread problem, no one else has reported it to me anyway... I did a quick scan of the vbulletin bug tracker and didn't see any similar issues reported so if this issue doesn't happen if you log out then it does seem to be related to a conflict with the recently installed chat software and your browser.

Tony said you are using an aol browser, is that correct? The aol browsers are probably modified versions of Internet Explorer. Do you know the version you're using? I would like to report this problem to the chat software vendor so he can look into it.

Have you ever considered trying out another browser? I completely agree with Dilli and Jones, tabbed browsing is a wonderful thing. Downloading and installing another browser is free and actually a really a quick and easy thing to do. Maybe you should give it a shot :wink2:

Download Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ie.html

Download Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome

Download Safari: http://www.apple.com/safari/download/