Be the brand bs

Thebrownstreak

I just saw a new UPS commercial on tv. The driver is walking towards the camera and in the background you can see his package car. A high step, half back, lap belt 700 or 800. Congratulations to our PR for making such a horrible commercial. I love it. He's walking away from the car with the bulk head door open.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
If I hear one more time how we need to sell the company and how more packages mean more jobs, BULL.

All more packages mean is more work, 10 plus hour days no matter what. Have extra drivers cut routes and send 5 guys home, just as long as most of the drivers are over 10 that is all that matters to the stock, and all that matters is the stock price.

You want me to look for more work fine, give me a better work load and I will! I am not going to spend one extra minute looking for more work when I am not getting home until past 8 nightly.

packageguy

I'm the opposite, I look for the work, I like to keep drivers busy, build our company and union. I know what guys will say but it is what it is... I can only work 12 hours so I will take it.....

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I'm the opposite, I look for the work, I like to keep drivers busy, build our company and union. I know what guys will say but it is what it is... I can only work 12 hours so I will take it.....

I see how you think, but I like to get home and see my wife and my kids before they are in bed. I used to really care, UPS has beating caring out of me, its sad I know.

I had a dream last night that a mob of people kicked me out of my truck took my fob drove it down the street set it on fire and drove it away. Where the hell do you think that came from??

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Does everyone have 9.5 language in their centers? We sign a 9.5 guarantee in ours. If they give us more than 3 9.5 hour days in a row, they pay us triple time or something odd like that after 9.5 hours the next day. And it's not dispatch, it's actual hours worked. If you have this language in your riders or addendum's then file your 9.5 grievances. If you refuse to file your 9.5's then you have no hope of effecting change and you'll be pissing into the wind the rest of your career.

OptimusPrime

Thats not a dream. That's a fantasy.

The new trucks actually have a replacement FOB in the lockbox. Was shocked. Doing what is jokingly referred to as "my route" in the center. Driver was injured for 5 months, and since coming back is either on vacation, gets sent home, or calls in. Anyways, on one of his sent home days, he took off with the keys. Was dreading it. It's not the ignition that would bug me, but the door operation that would be a pain. I accept my fate, and go to get the code from my center manager. (Hilarity ensues, they don't have the code for the new truck. Turns out to be the last four digits of the truck number. Seems someone finally got something right) Anyways, pop that sucker open, and out rolls an ignition key and a FOB. Whoo hooo!