Beards and braids?

Poop Head

Judge me.
It really has little to do with public image, it is all about asserting control and dominance over someone. Esp. from management's POV. In theory, the more ways they can own you and manipulate you, the weaker you should/ will feel in the relationship and the more they can push you around in other ways. They could honestly care less what customers think of their drivers hair color.
Its because the founder of this company wanted his delivery drivers to be of professional appearance.

Yeah yeah, Casey is rolling in his grave,, management don't care, why should I, yada yada yada.
Have some got damned respect for the man. And yourselves. You want beards, and neck tattoos? FedEx is hiring.

WTFm8

This is what happens when unemployment is low and ups has trouble filling open positions.

*doesn’t actively advertise driver wages (till this year) or average income.

$23/hr and will clear $60k because of all the OT and retro. Take 1/3 the retro away and it’s still $58k gross. It’d be over a $90k year if I was top progression. Add benefits on top and idk where I could work for pay even close to it.

They can’t keep people because they tell then it’s a position that starts at driver wage but fail to mention inside is ‘mandatory’ and only pays $14/hr instead of $21/hr.

quad decade guy

Sounds like people just need to worry about themselves who cares if others have beards or tattoos who really gives a crap. Fed ex guys driving with there hats on backwards in gym shorts do you see people refusing service from these people? The appearance standard at ups is a joke and the only people who disagree is the people who have been forced to follow the rules for 30 years. Who really gives a :censored2:.

P R I D E

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
*doesn’t actively advertise driver wages (till this year) or average income.

$23/hr and will clear $60k because of all the OT and retro. Take 1/3 the retro away and it’s still $58k gross. It’d be over a $90k year if I was top progression. Add benefits on top and idk where I could work for pay even close to it.

They can’t keep people because they tell then it’s a position that starts at driver wage but fail to mention inside is ‘mandatory’ and only pays $14/hr instead of $21/hr.
You don’t know where you could work and make that much? Someone just started a thread about electrical trade and that he will be at $70 an hour in 5 years.

I think that’s happening a lot. Many skilled hard working blue color guys and gals that would previously be UPSers are now taking the trade route. It’s a more secure job with better pay. I don’t blame them.