Becoming An American Means Assimilating American Values & Culture

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He would go into these peaceful confrontations knowing he was going to get beat up and attacked.
That's courage!
Pffft.
These people aren't against violence, they thrive on it. Just like MLK, their entire goal is to instigate violence, against themselves. It's a propaganda tactic to bring people to their side.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
ARE YOU SAYING BLACK PEOPLE DON'T HAVE A PLACE IN AMERICA, HITLER?

Careful. You're going up against @MAKAVELI and the Smithsonian's own National Museum of African American History & Culture by attributing "white" characteristics to black people. Don't you force that on them.

View attachment 303014
Nothing is forced on anyone but if they do not choose to assimilate American Values & Culture, then they are choosing to be on the outside looking in. A lot of White people are on the outside looking in ...
ask @Turdferguson about his cousins in the Appalachian backwoods.
ITZY
1600995377276.png
American Values Conversion.jpg

rickyb

I assume most of you saw the chart posted in another thread that attempted to define Whiteness Culture.
I read through the chart several times and through the page where it was posted twice.
Something bothered me the entire time I was reading it and then it clicked!
They were talking about AMERICAN VALUES AND CULTURE!
When a person immigrates to the United States of America they are expected to 'assimilate' into the American Values and Culture.

National Museum of African American History & Culture (NMAAHC):
‘Hard Work, Objective Thinking, Being Polite’ Are Aspects of White Culture

I changed the chart to reflect AMERICAN VALUES & CULTURE
... some of the stuff I'm not in agreement with but I left it.

View attachment 302608
-our culture is static it never changed.

-committing genocide against hte natives is "assimilation".

-slavery was also compatible with the above unchanging beliefs

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
At least.
OK ... gotcha!
One more question ... did you come up with this on your own?
When I googled "Heritage Americans", nothing came up in relation to your definition.
I am willing to accept that Google filtered it out.

BTW ... I like that 'Point Of View' reflected in your grouping of "Heritage Americans"!

My view of citizens of the USA calling themselves American, ...
... is dependent on their adhering to and belief in most of the values in the chart below:

American Values Conversion.jpg

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I assume most of you saw the chart posted in another thread (posted by @oldngray) that attempted to define Whiteness Culture.
I read through the chart several times and through the page where it was posted twice.
Something bothered me the entire time I was reading it and then it clicked!
They were talking about AMERICAN VALUES AND CULTURE!
When a person immigrates to the United States of America they are expected to 'assimilate' into the American Values and Culture.

National Museum of African American History & Culture (NMAAHC):
‘Hard Work, Objective Thinking, Being Polite’ Are Aspects of White Culture

I changed the chart to reflect AMERICAN VALUES & CULTURE
... some of the stuff I'm not in agreement with but I left it.

1608830636613.png
Above is the Original post for this thread ... @Sportello thinks I altered the chart and was trying to fool others.
I fully disclosed the original back in July 2020 and then made my alterations to reflect what an Assimilated American would respond to the original chart on the National Museum of African American History & Culture (NMAAHC) site.

1608830646732.png

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Full video ...
WALLACE: Black History Month, you find …

FREEMAN: Ridiculous.

WALLACE: Why?

FREEMAN: You’re going to relegate my history to a month?

WALLACE: Come on.

FREEMAN: What do you do with yours? Which month is White History Month? Come on, tell me.

WALLACE: I’m Jewish.

FREEMAN: OK. Which month is Jewish History Month?

WALLACE: There isn’t one.

FREEMAN: Why not? Do you want one?

WALLACE: No, no.

FREEMAN: I don’t either. I don’t want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.

WALLACE: How are we going to get rid of racism until …?

FREEMAN: Stop talking about it. I’m going to stop calling you a white man. And I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man. I know you as Mike Wallace. You know me as Morgan Freeman. You’re not going to say, “I know this white guy named Mike Wallace.” Hear what I’m saying?