Being told to start earlier and not being paid for it.

snarts

I'm on my third week as a preloader and every Monday I start work at 3:30 am, 45 minutes earlier than the rest of the week. The problem is when I punch in it shows my usual start time at 4:15 and I'm only getting paid after 4:15 according to my check. I mentioned this to my supervisor last week and he said he would take care of it, however today when I punched in it still showed that I start getting paid at 4:15. Any advice on how I should approach this next time I speak with him?

I'm only asking because I don't know if this is some common thing that newbies are just going to have to deal with and suck it up.

DOK

I'm on my third week as a preloader and every Monday I start work at 3:30 am, 45 minutes earlier than the rest of the week. The problem is when I punch in it shows my usual start time at 4:15 and I'm only getting paid after 4:15 according to my check. I mentioned this to my supervisor last week and he said he would take care of it, however today when I punched in it still showed that I start getting paid at 4:15. Any advice on how I should approach this next time I speak with him?

I'm only asking because I don't know if this is some common thing that newbies are just going to have to deal with and suck it up.

Can't you just change your start time before you punch in? Just keep track of the time you're owed and stay on him until you see an adjustment show up on your pay stub. Unfortunately this is how it is at ups, you gotta right down your hours everyday.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Pay attention to your hours on every single check...even when they "fix" this particular issue...when I was part time they'd take 2-3 hours per check off then act surprised when I called them out on it

Drink Craft Beer

Are you the only one working from 3:45 to 4:15?

Tell him that when you clock in, your start time says 4:15 and that's when you'll start working. Not a second earlier.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
You should be able to change the start time when you log into the time card. Then make sure before you leave notify your sup your start time as they input time cards daily

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
suck it up and work all hours for free. take one for the team.

sound ridiculous? that's right it is.

never work for free. keep track of all hours and have them fix it ASAP.

UPS clock system: You only start getting paid at your start time! If your start time is for 3:30 AM and you punch in @ 3:20 AM 10 minutes before the start time, you will NOT get paid for the 10 minutes but you WILL start getting paid the minute after your 3:30 AM start time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A hanging Chad?
th