Being told to work through break if not not following directions / job sabotage

HijoDe

prolly once or twice a week I'm being told to work through break on the pre load.

i told supervisor that I didn't want to and he said if I left the truck it would be job sabotage and not following directions. I didn't leave. This :censored2: has to stop I bring in food and expect my 10 mins and constantly being told to work through break.

PT Car Washer

Your sup can tell you that you have to work through while everyone else is on break but then he must give you the chance to take break at another time. The guys who work on the Air trailer during twi do that. They start later then the rest of the sort and when twi takes break it is their time to get caught up. They then take breaker later.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
prolly once or twice a week I'm being told to work through break on the pre load.

i told supervisor that I didn't want to and he said if I left the truck it would be job sabotage and not following directions. I didn't leave. This :censored2: has to stop I bring in food and expect my 10 mins and constantly being told to work through break.
Do you know who your steward is and what a grievance form looks like? The next time he says you cannot take a break...ask for your steward.

HijoDe

Your sup can tell you that you have to work through while everyone else is on break but then he must give you the chance to take break at another time. The guys who work on the Air trailer during twi do that. They start later then the rest of the sort and when twi takes break it is their time to get caught up. They then take breaker later.

I've asked for that 10 mins later on in the shift after wroking through break and he's told me "if we're busy I can't give it to you"/.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I've asked for that 10 mins later on in the shift after wroking through break and he's told me "if we're busy I can't give it to you"/.

See the 3rd comment, nothing else needs to be said. Or you could start calling out, and if they ask you about it, say "I worked through my 10 min break for X amount of days, I just wanted to make up what was owed to me" and if they keep denying you, then just slow down and work safe and VERY slowly

CHALLY9TX

That sup needs to be fired for denying contractual/state mandated breaks. If you've been working through breaks then you're owed some money. File file file.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you need a break, take it. No one can deny you a right to get a drink or use the bathroom. Unless you allow them to control you like that. We generally work for sociopaths...it's best not to feed their psychopathy. ;)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Check your supplement.
In the South: not before the end of the 1st hour, and not after the end of the 3rd hour. It's 10 damn minutes to sit down, rest your feet and clear your head. You earned it man, don't let them steal it from you.
File if you have to.

browntroll

we used to stop during the middle of the shift for break but then they moved to switching ppl so they wouldnt have to shut off
anything. they seem to be run breaks to their convenience so preloaders get it in the middle of the shift, pickoff guys get it after
their third hour and unload gets it when they finish so if they take 4 hours then so be it, even though in my supplement its supposed to
be within 1st and 3rd hour or something like that.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...dQ2h_3QdH-0QC_eagPqa4MQ&bvm=bv.73612305,d.cGU

Kis124

No break...none, zip, nada. We can go to the bathroom, but that's it. Sometimes the sup lets us grab a couple hits off a smoke between trailers but no official break

Sent using BrownCafe App

O

OLDMAN3

Managers get fired over this. Check your State laws as well (department of labor). Our state mandates a 10 minute break for every 4 hours worked....3 ten minute breaks if you work 10 or more minutes over 8 hours in addition to a meal period. Part time workers get a 10 minute break if they work over 3 hours. You are not a slave. You are probably owed back-pay, file a grievance and quote State and Federal labor laws, along with contract language. Next time he says you can't have a break tell him you will have to check with the Department of Labor to make sure he is not violating the law.

Kis124

I've been there almost 7 years, and it's never been enforced. I tried when I first started but they say that it's in the contract that we don't get a break...I don't know. Our union strength on preload is non existent

Sent using BrownCafe App