Bereavement Leave

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Article 29 section 2 of the master:

Section 2. Funeral Leave
In the event of a death of a member of the employee’s family, a seniority employee shall be allowed a reasonable time off to attend the funeral or other bereavement rite.

Members of the employee’s family means spouse, child, or step- child, grandchild, father, mother, brother, sister, grandparents, mother-in-law and father-in-law and step-parents.
A regular full-time employee shall be guaranteed two (2) days off to be taken between the day of death and two (2) working days following the funeral provided the employee attends the funeral or other bereavement rite. In cases involving the funeral of a rela- tive listed in paragraph 2 above, an employee who attends the fu- neral or bereavement rite is guaranteed a minimum of two (2) days off.
An employee shall be allowed one (1) day off to attend the funeral or other bereavement rite of a sister-in-law, spouse’s grandparent or a brother-in-law. Reimbursement for this day shall be the same as provided below.
Time off shall not extend beyond the day of the funeral unless an additional day is required for travel, except as provided above. In no event will total compensated time off exceed four (4) scheduled work days. The employee will be reimbursed at eight (8) times the employee‘s straight-time hourly rate for each day lost from work for those employees whose regular scheduled workweek is fve (5) days, and ten (10) times the straight-time hourly rate for those em- ployees whose regular scheduled workweek is four (4) days. Part- time employees will receive the same benefts as above, paid at four
(4) times the employee’s hourly rate. Better conditions contained in Supplements, Riders or Addenda will be maintained by present em- ployees. All employees hired after July 2, 1982 will be covered by the above language.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
Why would my input be irrelevant? When it comes right down to it I've probably forgotten more than you will ever know about what goes on at UPS.

Your input is not irrelevant. But Upstate always claimed that retirees ,esp you, shouldn’t be posting . So let him live by his own advice.

Last edited: