Bereavement

UghUghUgh

I’m part time pre load, my grandpa passed away and I have 3 days of bereavement. My brother is also a driver at out center and gets paid for those days but does not know if I do. I would rather not work those days, but if I don’t get paid I’ll have too. Does anyone know?

rod

Retired 22 years
You probably will get paid for those days but don't worry about that now. Pay your respects to your grandpa if you were the least bit close to him. .

Last edited:

UghUghUgh

You probably will get pay for those days but don't worry about that now. Pay your respects to your grandpa if you were the least bit close to him. .
Of course. Toughest man I knew and instilled the importance of hard work into me. Thank you for saying that, I’ll be taking the days regardless.

542thruNthru

I’m part time pre load, my grandpa passed away and I have 3 days of bereavement. My brother is also a driver at out center and gets paid for those days but does not know if I do. I would rather not work those days, but if I don’t get paid I’ll have too. Does anyone know?

What supplement are you under? Your supplemental contract may give PT workers funeral leave.
This is from the NMA.
Screenshot_20190212-133727.png

rod

Retired 22 years
Any center manager worth a damn would give a part timer a couple of days off with pay for a funeral of their grandpa--contract or not

542thruNthru

Any center manager worth a damn would give a part timer a couple of days off with pay for a funeral of their grandpa--contract or not

Problem is payroll won't approve funeral pay for him. I'm sure his center manager will let him use days off or sick days. Though if he has none then he might be out of luck.

rod

Retired 22 years
Problem is payroll won't approve funeral pay for him. I'm sure his center manager will let him use days off or sick days. Though if he has none then he might be out of luck.

I will admit even though I had my differences with management they always came through when funeral leave was necessary. It was always takes as much time as you need. I think back then management had more say so in coding out how to pay days off. For my Dad I was paid for a whole week I believe.

old levi's

blank space
I will admit even though I had my differences with management they always came through when funeral leave was necessary. It was always takes as much time as you need. I think back then management had more say so in coding out how to pay days off. For my Dad I was paid for a whole week I believe.

that was the UPS of yesteryear

542thruNthru

As a driver it's much easier because you are entitled to funeral pay. Being a PT employee they would have to code him something else to get him paid.

clean hairy

In the southern 3 days a 4th day if required for travel.
This applies to p/t as well as friend/t
I believe it is mother, father, brother and child as well as grandparents.
I do not have it right in front of me, going off memory.

Luv2gym

In the southern 3 days a 4th day if required for travel.
This applies to p/t as well as friend/t
I believe it is mother, father, brother and child as well as grandparents.
I do not have it right in front of me, going off memory.
Yup only 3 days. When my mom passed that’s all I was given.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
3 days for when my dad passed, unless you travel out of state then additional 2 days for travel will be allowed for funeral pay.

542thruNthru

What supplement are you under? Your supplemental contract may give PT workers funeral leave.
This is from the NMA.
View attachment 235673

I apologize @UghUghUgh
I read the language too quickly and missed that you do receive paid time off.

Screenshot_20190212-202851.png

Rack em

Made the Podium
I have thankfully never had to miss work for a funeral. But are you guys saying that if God forbid someone close to me dies, that Ups is going to pay me up to 4 days of work at EIGHT times my hourly rate?! I can see the time off, but why would Ups pay 8x?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I have thankfully never had to miss work for a funeral. But are you guys saying that if God forbid someone close to me dies, that Ups is going to pay me up to 4 days of work at EIGHT times my hourly rate?! I can see the time off, but why would Ups pay 8x?

Eight hours pay per day.