Bernie Sanders...

rickyb

He's playing it smart not to eliminate 50% of America from hearing his message...…..none of the Dem. debates are gonna be on Fox (as it stands now)
I still don't like him!!!
im sure more than 50% of america supports his policies including socialized healthcare.

vantexan

Neither. They're both incredibly walled off and fed whatever general narrative the network prefers.
Which is simply not true. If you had a Democrat president up for reelection, and a large field of Republican candidates, you wouldn't see the Republicans on MSNBC or CNN given time to make their case. What you would see is propping up the Democrat president, making everything he says sound brilliant while leaving no stone unturned to find everything negative about the Republicans. And yes, that happens on FOX opinion shows, but not on the FOX hard news shows. Bret Baier, who moderated the Sanders town hall, is the FOX news anchor and does an excellent job of keeping things "fair and balanced". Even on shows like Tucker Carlson's they have leading Democrats on all the time including candidates. What it comes down to is do you want a network that only expresses what you want to hear? Does it outrage you that any network expresses views that you don't want to hear? Do you want there to be some way(and I'm talking about readers here in general, not you Box Ox)to drive all opposition views off the air? If so, then you're not really advocating for democracy, but a one party state that controls everything. That would make YOU and others like you the problem, not the network that puts on a variety of views, including those you hate.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I want to see Bernie's wife's tax returns.
I want to see if she included the improper funds she swindled from the school.
Maybe that is why Bernie is saying felons should be able to vote, he wants to continue to get his wife's vote.

newfie

Any Democratic candidate who has good ideas and can back them up will do just fine when questioned by the other team. Good on Bernie for being willing to have a conversation with them.

Fox News viewers should know more about Sanders than what opinion folks like Hannity and Carlson spoon feed them.

Hannity I agree with you , Carlson you need to watch more of. while he's opinionated he'll let any crazy from the other side come on his show and sell his message.

Chris Cuomo will do the same on CNN and he and Carlson may be nice parallels

vantexan

fox loves to show the crazies from the other side.
They recently hired Donna Brazile. They have on Democrats who managed major Democrat campaigns, Democrat legislators, and Democrat consultants all the time. About the only really wacky guy I recall is Dennis Kucinich, and he hasn't been on in years. Bernie might seem wacky to you, but he's taken very seriously by a lot of Democrats, especially younger adults.

oldngray

nowhere special
They recently hired Donna Brazile. They have on Democrats who managed major Democrat campaigns, Democrat legislators, and Democrat consultants all the time. About the only really wacky guy I recall is Dennis Kucinich, and he hasn't been on in years. Bernie might seem wacky to you, but he's taken very seriously by a lot of Democrats, especially younger adults.

Fox leans right but will also have liberals. And a lot of the so called Republicans there are never Trumpers.

Compare to MSNBC or CNN where you will never hear a conservative thought.

rickyb

dennis kucinich is NOT wacky, you are lost if you think that.

the wacky people are the ones who run the country: who say there are wmds in iraq, or we are spreading democracy by blowing up countries, or cutting taxes and deindustrializing will make us rich, or giving up our rights so the govt can make us "secure".

oldngray

nowhere special

the wacky people are the ones who run the country: who say there are wmds in iraq, or we are spreading democracy by blowing up countries, or cutting taxes and deindustrializing will make us rich, or giving up our rights so the govt can make us "secure".

Kucinich absolutely is wacky. He only has fringe support from a part of his state but little support from anywhere else.

rickyb

Fox leans right but will also have liberals. And a lot of the so called Republicans there are never Trumpers.

Compare to MSNBC or CNN where you will never hear a conservative thought.
msnbc and cnn maintain the status quo by questioning some fast changes like healthcare for all for example.

when it comes to war they follow what govt tells them.

newfie

I think if you really study Bernie from his early years to now he is a bat :censored2: crazy .

vantexan

Kucinich might have opinions worth listening to, but it often how he expressed opinions that classified him to me as wacky. You occasionally say something coherent too, but a lot of times you say things as gospel truth that are demonstrably false. But I realize you are just repeating what others say.