best beer?

Overpaid Union Thug

So nobody likes Sam Adams Summer Ale? :confused:1 It truly is beer nirvana. Everyone do yourselves a favor this July. Grab a 6-pack of sam summer and a lemon. After its been 95 degrees all day, pour one in a cold mug with a lemon wedge and chill on your back deck after a hard day at UPS . Watch the sun set and the birds chirp. Trust me, it doesnt get much better than this!:thumbup1:

I like it. I prefer Double Bock. Double Bock is hard to come by around here because it is illegal in many of the southern states due to alcohol content, which is silly, but I still manage to get a hold of some. The way around it is to go to a military base and go to the "Class 6". That is basically a liquor store. Most bases have it. They are exempt from the state laws so they can sell beer that is illegal outside the gates of the base. Kind of strange.

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
I drink good ol' Budweiser for the summer but when the nip is in the air I go heavy. I switch it up to Long Trail - Hibernator when I'm not drinking whiskey.

browniehound

I just saw a new Sam Adams commercial last night. Apparently they have a different beer to go with certain foods. They gave a website which gives you a list of which brews tastes best with which foods. I don't know the address but I'm sure if you went to samadams.com you could find it. I'm thinking summer ale would go great with grilled swordfish.:thumbup1:

Sammie

I live in Coors country. The guy across the street works for Coors, my cousin works there, an old family friend works there, heck, so does half the population here! (not really...)
They're given tons of samples to take home such as Zima- the Clear Beer - (yuck!) and they can't even give the stuff away!!

We had a great German bar here at one point and not being a beer drinker, I sampled and fell in love with the dark German dunkels. The darker, the richer the flavor. Like a rye bread compared to white. And EXTREMELY potent!

German rieslings are an excellent wine that goes with anything.

Anybody ever had Jamaican rum? The tour buses in Jamaica
pull up at 6:00 a.m. with their rum drinks mixed, icy and ready to go. Holy Cow, man...

browniehound

I don't drink beer very often, but if we're out somewhere that they brew the beer on the premises I'll always order one... When we travel it's kind of a ritual for us to find a sidewalk cafe and try the local beer.

1. Microbrews can be excellent. The waiter usually knows which one is the best one.
3. Sam Adams is always good with pizza.
4. Sapporo is always good with sushi.

Cherly,
There is a place in Salem, MA called the Salem Beerworks where all you can get is the beer they brew on site. It sounds like a place that you would dig. I've had beers there that has a watermelon slice in it or a beer with blueberries in it. I know some diehard from the 50's who only drinks shllitz is going to call me a wus, but the beers I mentioned above are actually pretty good. At the least its something different:thumbup1:

DS

Fenderbender
Spanish Peak's Black Dog Ale out of Bozeman Montana.

Oh, and by the way DS, there are 37 micro-breweries in Ontario Province. At one a month, that would keep you busy for over 3 years!!
Yea more, I`ve tried a lot of them,the problem is you have to buy a 12 pack and if they taste like crap,you are stuck with them.
creemore is $21.50 for a 12 pack and the other ones are
sometimes even pricier.I could get a 12 of lakeport for a buck a bottle but I respect myself too much.If theres any Canadians out there that have any alternatives to creemore
that are equal in taste and quality,I`d like to know about it.
Sometimes my local beer store runs out and I have to find another beer store because I cant drink anything else .
Or even some international beers that are the same here as they are there.I like guinness,but its too thick.
I like a clean springwater based lager ...any suggestions?

Captain America

SuperDAD to the rescue
My wife is a staay at home mom so money can get tight sometimes. We experimented with all the cheap beers last year so that we can have money for other things. My favorite is Pabst Bue Ribbon and the wife likes Natural Light. We usually compromise and drink Red Dog which strangley is even cheaper but still tastes OK. I have never been a "conosewer" though I tried to be. These days I am committed to cheap american beer in mass quantities(6-12) usually once a week or every other. Roll my own cigerettes too, since they are over 5$ here, they go so well with a buzz:tongue_sm :smartass: :1eye: :clown: :tt1:

30andout

Ya to Natural Light, I can always drink a lot more of it on those hot summer days out on the pontoon. Bud gives me a headache. Most darker beers are great, but not the ones you need to eat with a spoon.

mittam

Sam Adams lager is great, but pricey here, I like just good ole Michelob great taste to it and a very good beer, also like dos XX the lager though not the dark one, one Mexican place here greats me with one as we walk in

M

mrfloordude

Kulmbacher Monkshoff! Problem is..... haven't been able to find it in 25 or 30 years.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife is a staay at home mom so money can get tight sometimes. We experimented with all the cheap beers last year so that we can have money for other things. My favorite is Pabst Bue Ribbon and the wife likes Natural Light. We usually compromise and drink Red Dog which strangley is even cheaper but still tastes OK. I have never been a "conosewer" though I tried to be. These days I am committed to cheap american beer in mass quantities(6-12) usually once a week or every other. Roll my own cigerettes too, since they are over 5$ here, they go so well with a buzz:tongue_sm :smartass: :1eye: :clown: :tt1:

Have you tried Milwaukee Reserve? About 10 bucks for a 30 pack. It's not my cup of tea but I know a few that swear by it.