Best Peak in Many Years

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Wow Dano, that's about the dumbest statement you've made.
image.jpg

vantexan

I haven't met a single long-timer yet who hasn't complained about how the job has gotten hard in the last 10 years or so.
Hey dingleberry they've gotten much older and worn out from all the work over 20+ years. Before I quit in 2013 I was doing a rt that did 80-100 stops most days. I felt it, especially in my knees, most days. You wouldn't know with an office job and your attitude seems to be let's get rid of all these old folk who cost us so much more. Typical. Use them, abuse them, then lose them.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I haven't met a single long-timer yet who hasn't complained about how the job has gotten hard in the last 10 years or so.

Oh bull.

Spend 15 minutes around any courier that's been there for 20 years or more and they won't shut up about it.
Well then if you're a real courier (very doubtful) then why keep working with us, if we're just a bunch of whiners?

More than likely, you're just a feeble attempt from Memphis at damage control. Normally I'd say nice try but your above posts are pretty lame.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Wow Dano, that's about the dumbest statement you've made.

Oh, Jesus. If you had been here for the last 5 years reading the whining that dominates this board, you'd have read plenty of posts from the old timers complaining how they're just worked too doggone hard these days and how it didn't used to be that way. How you didn't have to worry about production, and on and on and on it goes.

59 Dano

Hey dingleberry they've gotten much older and worn out from all the work over 20+ years. Before I quit in 2013 I was doing a rt that did 80-100 stops most days. I felt it, especially in my knees, most days. You wouldn't know with an office job and your attitude seems to be let's get rid of all these old folk who cost us so much more. Typical. Use them, abuse them, then lose them.

Well van, it looks like your reading comprehension has taken a dip. I never complained about the AGE of anyone, but about the TOPPED OUT status.

59 Dano

Well then if you're a real courier (very doubtful) then why keep working with us, if we're just a bunch of whiners?

More than likely, you're just a feeble attempt from Memphis at damage control. Normally I'd say nice try but your above posts are pretty lame.

If the job is so bad and Express is such a horrible place to work, why are you still here? Too good for Arby's?

vantexan

Well van, it looks like your reading comprehension has taken a dip. I never complained about the AGE of anyone, but about the TOPPED OUT status.
Just within this thread you refer to "old timers" and "long timers". But your agenda is loud and clear in this post. TOPPED OUT couriers are the real issue. You and the company hate paying them what they get. You constantly make snide comments about their productivity. Your company is doing everything possible to keep the rest of us from joining their ranks. At the rate we're given raises we'll never have the purchasing power the topped out couriers have. The amazing thing is y'all send us material in the mail extolling the virtues of our pension plan, a plan that doesn't amount to anything without 40 years of work and since we're paid considerably less will never be able to fund it properly. And if we do stick around long enough to get anything at all guys like you will complain we're just not up to snuff and don't deserve what we're getting because we're too slow, yada yada. Bottom line, as you just showed your hand, the company doesn't want topped out couriers but wants us all to stick around and sacrifice our futures for the betterment of a bunch of rich guys' bank accounts. Everyone knows your agenda, and unless y'all come up with something better soon it's going to bite you big time. Coherent enough?

MassWineGuy

The path this thread has taken since I started it is mind blowing. It seems like I coud just say "Have a nice day," and a fight would break out.

DontThrowPackages

............. TOPPED OUT couriers are the real issue.....the company doesn't want topped out couriers.......

This was evident back when they did away with the 2-3 years and you're Topped out policy. Now when any mid-range or lower employee is given a raise, policy makers see to it the Topped out employee is given a raise as well. This insures no new workers make it to the party. Odds are, most topped outers are in their late 50's or 60's, possibly a small percentage in their late 40's. Maybe the thought is, in10 years the topped out will be less than 5 percent of the national workforce so profit goes up every time an older courier leaves and is replaced with an entry level wage.

hypo hanna

This was evident back when they did away with the 2-3 years and you're Topped out policy. Now when any mid-range or lower employee is given a raise, policy makers see to it the Topped out employee is given a raise as well. This insures no new workers make it to the party. Odds are, most topped outers are in their late 50's or 60's, possibly a small percentage in their late 40's. Maybe the thought is, in10 years the topped out will be less than 5 percent of the national workforce so profit goes up every time an older courier leaves and is replaced with an entry level wage.
I don't know a single topped out employee under the age of 48.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
At my station, we've had two 30 year couriers fired for stealing. FedEx doesn't call it stealing though, because then they would have to involve the police. They call it "failure to secure a package". I'm so paranoid anymore that I wonder if this is a ploy to get rid of senior employees. One of the guys I don't know very well. The other, never in a million years would I believe he did it. He was too hard of a worker and had no problem working splits or Saturdays if he needed extra money. Be careful senior people, there is a huge target on our backs.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
At my station, we've had two 30 year couriers fired for stealing. FedEx doesn't call it stealing though, because then they would have to involve the police. They call it "failure to secure a package". I'm so paranoid anymore that I wonder if this is a ploy to get rid of senior employees. One of the guys I don't know very well. The other, never in a million years would I believe he did it. He was too hard of a worker and had no problem working splits or Saturdays if he needed extra money. Be careful senior people, there is a huge target on our backs.
My first ops manager became a SM and was later fired for dipping into the petty cash at their station. THAT is stealing.

UpsAngel

I can't speak for other stations, but for us at GDM it was the best peak in about 10 years. Lots of volume, but over many days, not one or two. Plus delivering weekends to get ahead of Monday and Tuesday deliveries. But the biggest reason peak went well this year, and I'm sure I speak for my pals at UPS, can be explained in two words:

Good weather.

The company also decided to join the real world and hire lots of temps, which also helped a lot.
Tha :censored2: you talking bout?

MassWineGuy

Tha :censored2: you talking bout?

My first ops manager became a SM and was later fired for dipping into the petty cash at their station. THAT is stealing.

I'd certainly define that as theft, too. I think FedEx and UPS tolerate a lot of things from its staff, except stealing. I suppose when your main business is freight and logistics that makes sense.

UpsAngel, have you taken all your meds today?

Goldilocks

I'd certainly define that as theft, too. I think FedEx and UPS tolerate a lot of things from its staff, except stealing. I suppose when your main business is freight and logistics that makes sense.

UpsAngel, have you taken all your meds today?

I have seen so many Managers, and Senior's over the years lose their jobs over stupid things to make their stations look good so that they could reap their rewards, "their bonus check"....lol