Best Peak in Many Years

overflowed

What I noticed was noticeably less amazon this peak. Like a lot less than the last 4 years. Again, I have to put this decent peak to USPS taking all that freight. Let'em.

MassWineGuy

During summer breaks in college I worked for the U.S. Forest Service fighting forest fires. Just about every year you'd hear of some permanent ranger kind of person who intentionally set a fire, possibly out of boredom. Maybe for extra funds it brought in. I don't understand that nor why someone would steal from UPS or FedEx and risk whatever pension or benefits they have.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I have seen so many Managers, and Senior's over the years lose their jobs over stupid things to make their stations look good so that they could reap their rewards, "their bonus check"....lol
I've also seen a few managers that should've been fired mostly from obvious falsifications.

MaineGroundDriver

This peak was busy, but not as insane as they said, and by they I mean Ground management. I had a couple of really busy days, my 2 busiest I ever had (stops AND volume). However, the rest of the days were just normal busy days. The ISP I work for had plenty of help on the road all peak long (sometimes too much help). We did have some late trailers early on in peak due to late dispatch from the hub, but towards the middle and then end of peak, that improved a lot. Was another successful peak at least with the company I work for. I read all the Ground bashings and such on here, but I just laugh it off and take pride in the work I do for my company.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Was another successful peak at least with the company I work for. I read all the Ground bashings and such on here, but I just laugh it off and take pride in the work I do for my company.
Well that's real nice, only too bad Fred doesn't take the same pride in the way you're compensated. With the zero benefits and slave wages you get, I wouldn't even do the bare minimum.

Last edited:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Just within this thread you refer to "old timers" and "long timers". But your agenda is loud and clear in this post. TOPPED OUT couriers are the real issue. You and the company hate paying them what they get. You constantly make snide comments about their productivity.

I don't have a problem with their pay, as such. I have a problem with the attitudes and productivity of a certain percentage of them relative to their pay. For whatever reason(s), many of those who have been here long enough to top out have some attitude issues. Can't tell them anything, they think that they should be able to choose how much they want to do, etc. I'm assuming that it's because they've been around for a long time and probably coddled a little too much.

Your company is doing everything possible to keep the rest of us from joining their ranks. At the rate we're given raises we'll never have the purchasing power the topped out couriers have.

When have I EVER defended the current pay progression??? Hint: I haven't because I don't like it and the most recent schedule of raises doesn't make any sense at all.

Bottom line, as you just showed your hand, the company doesn't want topped out couriers but wants us all to stick around and sacrifice our futures for the betterment of a bunch of rich guys' bank accounts. Everyone knows your agenda, and unless y'all come up with something better soon it's going to bite you big time. Coherent enough?

Well, let's see. You retired and came back. Actions speak louder than words.

That aside, your post shows how utterly clueless you are.

59 Dano

At my station, we've had two 30 year couriers fired for stealing. FedEx doesn't call it stealing though, because then they would have to involve the police. They call it "failure to secure a package". I'm so paranoid anymore that I wonder if this is a ploy to get rid of senior employees. One of the guys I don't know very well. The other, never in a million years would I believe he did it. He was too hard of a worker and had no problem working splits or Saturdays if he needed extra money. Be careful senior people, there is a huge target on our backs.

We've been down the "target on the backs of the senior employees" road before. Right after the foil-hatters laid out all the evidence [snicker] of the plan, the opposite happened. Management doesn't care who makes what. An hour of labor is an hour of labor to them. Doesn't matter if it's a rookie or a topped out employee. They are not responsible for controlling the use of higher-wage labor.

59 Dano

I have seen so many Managers, and Senior's over the years lose their jobs over stupid things to make their stations look good so that they could reap their rewards, "their bonus check"....lol

The performance of a manager's station has nothing to do with his bonus.

MAKAVELI

We've been down the "target on the backs of the senior employees" road before. Right after the foil-hatters laid out all the evidence [snicker] of the plan, the opposite happened. Management doesn't care who makes what. An hour of labor is an hour of labor to them. Doesn't matter if it's a rookie or a topped out employee. They are not responsible for controlling the use of higher-wage labor.
BS

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

In the words of Upstate Dave....... Yawn..

vantexan

I don't have a problem with their pay, as such. I have a problem with the attitudes and productivity of a certain percentage of them relative to their pay. For whatever reason(s), many of those who have been here long enough to top out have some attitude issues. Can't tell them anything, they think that they should be able to choose how much they want to do, etc. I'm assuming that it's because they've been around for a long time and probably coddled a little too much.

When have I EVER defended the current pay progression??...That aside, your post shows how utterly clueless you are.

When I pointed out that they're loading the bottom of range with employees, making it difficult to pass the midpoint to get better raises, you denied it and suggested I was seeing black helicopters. You have no choice but to cover for the company, it's your job afterall, trying to marginalize anyone who points out the obvious. Your a bullschitt artist, a corporate apologist, and generally speaking a jackass. What I lack in clues I make up for it by recognizing people like you for what you are. Oooo, lookie, a black helicopter!