Best person to pm

You should change your name to SUPAH STAR. Legend in your own mind. Management sucks and union sucks, but I am great.....
Lol. Yes management sucks. My local definitely sucks. Never said I was great. Just an average dude, trying to make a living. Not ignorant is a better description imo. Because I’d be ignorant if I accept their behavior. I’d call you ignorant too, if you paid for your discharge

542thruNthru

Yet @Management Blows is more than willing to accept all the things the union provides him like pension, healthcare, and now the advice from union brothers and sisters.

Sorry but you're a freeloader. If you dont like your local officials then work to remove them but to stop paying union dues is just you reaping the benefits of others sacrifices.

Yet @Management Blows is more than willing to accept all the things the union provides him like pension, healthcare, and now the advice from union brothers and sisters.

Sorry but you're a freeloader. If you dont like your local officials then work to remove them but to stop paying union dues is just you reaping the benefits of others sacrifices.
Negative sir. Again, I see how you feel. But I worked my way up in this company, multiple part time jobs, just like most. I earn every penny, just like everyone that works here. I paid dues for well over a decade. There is no brotherhood in my building. Literally about 25 drivers that skip lunch, run and gun, tattle on others, work off the clock and many other things. I should say most, not all. Everyone scared of a target. I don’t blame them. The union has NEVER stopped harassment in my time. So, I am thankful for my pay and benefits. I should leave because of the union dropping the ball? That’s not going to happen, ever. Call me what you want. You’d feel differently if you knew the circumstances. When I tried to educate my “brothers” they insinuated I was a troublemaker. So I’ll go to work and go home. I’ll handle mine because the local sure wanted no part of their duty.

im Telling you guys that the local could give a :censored2: about anything. It wasn’t a right to work state until couple years ago. My educated guess is that they only used resources in areas that weren’t? Just an assumption. I would professionally call and ask what, when or how a lot. They didn’t pay me any mind. Dropped grievances behind my back. Only ones I won I had no clue until I got check in mail. I guess they discussed it after I left? Because he never opened his mouth unless it was to help company. Steward stepped down when I asked why he never spoke up, replied he was scared for his job. Told him he needed to go, which he did. Next one plainly told me he took it to protect himself because you can’t beat them. Oh he was appointed too. No vote. Local didn’t care. Steward told people they’d get target on back for filing. Local said that wasn’t happening, without investigating anything. Then steward was angry I filed grievance and set me up with company. You all should see the statement he wrote, along with few other “brothers.” They were fabricated, police were called to guard the building based upon their statements.
You guys are right. What am I complaining about??? Let me sign right back up!
I’ll be called a freeloader before I write a check for that everyday.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Negative sir. Again, I see how you feel. But I worked my way up in this company, multiple part time jobs, just like most. I earn every penny, just like everyone that works here. I paid dues for well over a decade. There is no brotherhood in my building. Literally about 25 drivers that skip lunch, run and gun, tattle on others, work off the clock and many other things. I should say most, not all. Everyone scared of a target. I don’t blame them. The union has NEVER stopped harassment in my time. So, I am thankful for my pay and benefits. I should leave because of the union dropping the ball? That’s not going to happen, ever. Call me what you want. You’d feel differently if you knew the circumstances. When I tried to educate my “brothers” they insinuated I was a troublemaker. So I’ll go to work and go home. I’ll handle mine because the local sure wanted no part of their duty.

Spin it however you want

You’re a scab nothing more nothing less

I’m not trying to justify it to anyone. I do want to say it’s not something I wanted to do. I firmly believe each and every one of you all would do the same thing. I’m sure you all disagree, just as I disagree with the freeloading opinions. It is what it is. I’m honestly much happier knowing I don’t pay people to fire me anymore. They can do it on their own dime

Inthegame

I’m honestly much happier knowing I don’t pay people to fire me anymore. They can do it on their own dime
It's not "their dime", it's your fellow workers dimes covering you.
There is no brotherhood in my building. Literally about 25 drivers that skip lunch, run and gun, tattle on others, work off the clock and many other things. I should say most, not all.
So management is to blame, the union is to blame and most of your fellow employees are to blame? But you're OK? Hmmm...
So, I am thankful for my pay and benefits.
You have an odd way of expressing your gratitude, considering driver pay and bennies exceed $55 an hour, an amount UPS would never pay you absent the union contract, negotiated and paid for with your fellow workers dues dollars.

It's not "their dime", it's your fellow workers dimes covering you.
So management is to blame, the union is to blame and most of your fellow employees are to blame? But you're OK? Hmmm...
You have an odd way of expressing your gratitude, considering driver pay and bennies exceed $55 an hour, an amount UPS would never pay you absent the union contract, negotiated and paid for with your fellow workers dues dollars.
I would feel the same way on outside looking in. It’s irrelevant anyway. I made my decision and am 110% sure I made the right decision.

RolloTony Brown Town

You took the wrong path. You shouldn’t have stopped paying dues. You should’ve gotten involved. Whether becoming a steward yourself or just helping to protect and teach the new employees the way it’s supposed to be.

You keep saying paying someone to fire you. You don’t care to go into detail. This is Coming from a supervisor... union involvement brings strength to the group. There’s power there. Regardless of how you feel about your local. Vote them out. It’s YOUR union. You chose to duck out. You did the opposite of what you should’ve done and took power away from others in your local.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
@Management Blows

One thing to consider is that by withdrawing from the union, you may lose standing for certain legal protections. You may still be able to file complaints with the nlrb, but you may not have standing to file a lawsuit against the union for contsitutional violations. You could file suit if you actually suffered damages, but by not being a member you are no longer party to the contractual relationship established by the constitution.

There are many ways to seek remedies if your officials are not living up to their duties. Any union member should attempt all of these options before even considering withdrawing, not after. People who say that getting more involved and voting them out is the answer are partly right, but that avenue will not solve your immediate problems.

Here are some links with information that will hopefully help:

eCFR — Code of Federal Regulations

This is an outside website that explains some pertanent parts of the information from the link above:
29 U.S.C. § 411 - U.S. Code Title 29. Labor § 411 | FindLaw

U.S. Department of Labor Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) About OLMS

And @Bubblehead already posted the link to the NLRB online complaint filing page, but poke around the rest of the site as well.

You took the wrong path. You shouldn’t have stopped paying dues. You should’ve gotten involved. Whether becoming a steward yourself or just helping to protect and teach the new employees the way it’s supposed to be.

You keep saying paying someone to fire you. You don’t care to go into detail. This is Coming from a supervisor... union involvement brings strength to the group. There’s power there. Regardless of how you feel about your local. Vote them out. It’s YOUR union. You chose to duck out. You did the opposite of what you should’ve done and took power away from others in your local.

@Management Blows

One thing to consider is that by withdrawing from the union, you may lose standing for certain legal protections. You may still be able to file complaints with the nlrb, but you may not have standing to file a lawsuit against the union for contsitutional violations. You could file suit if you actually suffered damages, but by not being a member you are no longer party to the contractual relationship established by the constitution.

There are many ways to seek remedies if your officials are not living up to their duties. Any union member should attempt all of these options before even considering withdrawing, not after. People who say that getting more involved and voting them out is the answer are partly right, but that avenue will not solve your immediate problems.

Here are some links with information that will hopefully help:

eCFR — Code of Federal Regulations

This is an outside website that explains some pertanent parts of the information from the link above:
29 U.S.C. § 411 - U.S. Code Title 29. Labor § 411 | FindLaw

U.S. Department of Labor Office of Labor-Management Standards (OLMS) About OLMS

And @Bubblehead already posted the link to the NLRB online complaint filing page, but poke around the rest of the site as well.
I understand what you guys are say. No one in my small rural center looks at anyone that files except as a troublemaker. If you try to talk union issues no one gives a :censored2:. I couldn’t have been a steward because BA appointed them while claiming people voted. I’m being honest and stating facts. I filed grievances and was looked at as a targeted individual in my center by the majority, not everyone. When I say they participated in discharging me, I mean exactly that. The steward conspiring with the company to discharge me. I have written statements they turned in. I can’t elaborate too much because im letting them tell their stories as investigations roll on, then I’m suing the :censored2: out of them. Every one of them. I know more than they think. They have a turd in the punch bowl. Bigger than they can imagine. It went higher than I imagined it would. I’m relieved to not be paying now. I was forced to for more than a decade and got :censored2: on. The only power I have is by not paying and I’m exercising it. I hate that I feel so good about it.
My belief on my coworkers attitudes is we had no representation for 14 years. That’s the unions fault to get everyone to feel that way. Last BA and steward worth anything left as I arrived. Can’t just blame BA though. His bosses could care less at what I had to say when I called.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I understand what you guys are say. No one in my small rural center looks at anyone that files except as a troublemaker. If you try to talk union issues no one gives a :censored2:. I couldn’t have been a steward because BA appointed them while claiming people voted. I’m being honest and stating facts. I filed grievances and was looked at as a targeted individual in my center by the majority, not everyone. When I say they participated in discharging me, I mean exactly that. The steward conspiring with the company to discharge me. I have written statements they turned in. I can’t elaborate too much because im letting them tell their stories as investigations roll on, then I’m suing the :censored2: out of them. Every one of them. I know more than they think. They have a turd in the punch bowl. Bigger than they can imagine. It went higher than I imagined it would. I’m relieved to not be paying now. I was forced to for more than a decade and got :censored2: on. The only power I have is by not paying and I’m exercising it. I hate that I feel so good about it.
My belief on my coworkers attitudes is we had no representation for 14 years. That’s the unions fault to get everyone to feel that way. Last BA and steward worth anything left as I arrived. Can’t just blame BA though. His bosses could care less at what I had to say when I called.

Sounds like you are giving them hell. When all the dust settles, and your local officials shape up or are replaced, will you rejoin?

Sounds like you are giving them hell. When all the dust settles, and your local officials shape up or are replaced, will you rejoin?
I would gladly pay my dues if I felt I was part of the team. A team that looks out for its members and doesn’t cater to the enemy. I can’t say I’d proudly do it. It’d take some time to feel that way again.
But to be a part of what it supposed to represent, people that follow the oath they took, I’d pay. IMO it’s a deal for what you supposed to receive.
To all the people saying pay and benefits line, why don’t you all not even go by the contract. Just disregard it completely, as if it’s for entertainment purposes only, like it was for me. Just let them harass, abuse and threaten you all day. Just tell yourself you get great pay and benefits. See how that works out for you. And don’t tell me people fought for our pay/benefits. Although true, people also fought and died for the working conditions too. It’s a package deal.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I would gladly pay my dues if I felt I was part of the team. A team that looks out for its members and doesn’t cater to the enemy. I can’t say I’d proudly do it. It’d take some time to feel that way again.
But to be a part of what it supposed to represent, people that follow the oath they took, I’d pay. IMO it’s a deal for what you supposed to receive.
To all the people saying pay and benefits line, why don’t you all not even go by the contract. Just disregard it completely, as if it’s for entertainment purposes only, like it was for me. Just let them harass, abuse and threaten you all day. Just tell yourself you get great pay and benefits. See how that works out for you. And don’t tell me people fought for our pay/benefits. Although true, people also fought and died for the working conditions too. It’s a package deal.

When people say "get involved", they generally mean go to union meetings, vote, maybe even run for office. But most people are clueless when it comes to a member's duty to hold elected officials accountable. It takes almost no effort to do the afore mentioned things, and, not surprisingly, they aren't generally effective.

You start filing complaints with the local, IBT, or appropriate government agencies, and see how quickly things can change. Accountability is far more difficult, though, because it requires knowledge that isn't easily gained by the average union member. I am trying to share what I am learning as I go so other people will have an easier time accessing the information.

I hope you are able to create the appropriate changes within your local, and get your coworkers more involved as well. I have been trying to do the same in my center, it ain't easy.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
@Management Blows
Had another thought the other day. It may not be a bad idea to set aside what you would be paying in dues into a savings account. If you ever get to a point where you want to rejoin the union, you'll be able to pay all back dues.

It's like when a landlord fails to maintain their property, in a lot of states tenants can withhold rent until repairs are made. You can avoid eviction by proving you are ready and able to pay rent once the property is fixed.

We should petition congress to amend the NLRA to allow for something like this as an extra measure of protection for members who find themselves in a situation like yours.