Best person to pm

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
@Management Blows
Had another thought the other day. It may not be a bad idea to set aside what you would be paying in dues into a savings account. If you ever get to a point where you want to rejoin the union, you'll be able to pay all back dues.

It's like when a landlord fails to maintain their property, in a lot of states tenants can withhold rent until repairs are made. You can avoid eviction by proving you are ready and able to pay rent once the property is fixed.

We should petition congress to amend the NLRA to allow for something like this as an extra measure of protection for members who find themselves in a situation like yours.
The legal term you are searching for is "escrow".

@Management Blows
Had another thought the other day. It may not be a bad idea to set aside what you would be paying in dues into a savings account. If you ever get to a point where you want to rejoin the union, you'll be able to pay all back dues.

It's like when a landlord fails to maintain their property, in a lot of states tenants can withhold rent until repairs are made. You can avoid eviction by proving you are ready and able to pay rent once the property is fixed.

We should petition congress to amend the NLRA to allow for something like this as an extra measure of protection for members who find themselves in a situation like yours.
That’s a great idea. Laws are too loose to where they’re protected for just existing. It’s a pretty sweet deal they have going. Hopefully as RTW dominos continue to fall they’ll finally start doing what they’ve taken oath for

Everyone should support the RTW. I’ll get crushed for that, I’m sure. But if union does their duty, I cannot imagine anyone not willing to pay. It’s a deal for what it supposed to be. In forced dues states it’s a gravy train for them, which makes them not give a :censored2:, dues roll in regardless. Reminds me of goodfellas “:censored2: you pay me”

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Everyone should support the RTW. I’ll get crushed for that, I’m sure. But if union does their duty, I cannot imagine anyone not willing to pay. It’s a deal for what it supposed to be. In forced dues states it’s a gravy train for them, which makes them not give a :censored2:, dues roll in regardless. Reminds me of goodfellas “:censored2: you pay me”

I believe in the freedom of association as affirmed by the US constitution, but I think it's wrong that a union should have to represent people who aren't members and don't support the union financially. I truly believe that strong, properly run unions are important.

It seems to me that our union is giving rtw groups plenty of ammunition in their war against organized labor. Since our elected representatives won't do what's right on their own, it's up to us members to keep them on the straight and narrow.

I believe in the freedom of association as affirmed by the US constitution, but I think it's wrong that a union should have to represent people who aren't members and don't support the union financially. I truly believe that strong, properly run unions are important.

It seems to me that our union is giving rtw groups plenty of ammunition in their war against organized labor. Since our elected representatives won't do what's right on their own, it's up to us members to keep them on the straight and narrow.
I can’t argue with that. I represented myself regardless

I may not entirely agree with your methods, but I do applaud the fact that you are doing something to try to turn things around. Give 'em hell.
I’m under no illusion I’m making a difference at all, sadly. I don’t represent myself well yet. They’re better trained and prepared. I learn each time something new. The only difference is I’m not supporting a local that never supported me. If I could I’d be glad to write the check. Bothered me for a while that they threw me under bus so much. They’ll never have the pleasure of seeing I could’ve been a valuable member. Their loss