Best Shipping Experience EVER

hcpxty

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum since it seems many people here are UPS employees...but if nothing else this can serve as a little thank you for getting sh1t done so quickly:

So I ordered a messenger bag for my laptop yesterday morning at around 10 a.m. from Amazon, and because I am only in my current city till the 19th before I go back to school...I was concerned whether the free Super Saver shipping would get it here on time, especially if the bag wasn't shipped for a few days. Regardless, being a broke college student I bit the bullet and went with Super Saver shipping (i.e. "slower" than UPS Ground).

Well low and behold...checked the tracking info just now and it's already in my city on the UPS truck and "out for delivery."

Long story short...my package which should've theoretically taken 5 to 9 days...got here overnight! Thanks UPS :thumbup1:

ups79

Yes, its probably being delivered by UPS to the post office. They then will complete the delivery when they get to it. So don't blame UPS for using basic at amazon, when the post office don't get the pkg to you on time.

hcpxty

its probably being delivered by UPS to the post office.
UPS does that? I didn't realize there is inter-company interaction like this.

Regardless, my package just got here, a little over a day after I ordered it with Super Saver shipping. Awesome.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dittos! Its nice to hear when we did well. Most of what we hear is when we screw things up.

Best of luck in school.

d

wily_old_vet

UPS does that? I didn't realize there is inter-company interaction like this.

Regardless, my package just got here, a little over a day after I ordered it with Super Saver shipping. Awesome.

Just out of curiosity, who brought it to your door a UPS guy or the mailman?

beentheredonethat

Just out of curiosity, who brought it to your door a UPS guy or the mailman?

Wily, If she got it in one day, I'm thinking it had to be delivered by UPS to her. Since it would take a day for us to get it to USPS and another for them to deliver it themselves. It sounds like she paid for UPS Basic. Where as you know some are delivered to the USPS for the final leg, and others are delv by UPS. It's the customer who determines it based on a variety of things. The Basic Service is a really difficult one. Some customers want a cheaper way to do it, and FDX as well as other third party provides this service. If we don't give it to them they will not use us at all for that part of the business, and possibly take all their business elsewhere. Now the tough part is that Basic should be 1-2 days more transit time. Usually we do that by getting the pkg from the customer where there are holes in the feeder scedule. We also process the volume the next day at the front line of the hub sort. Sounds like this was all processed the same day. The only other scenario I can think of is when the original poster said it was super saver. Maybe she paid for Next Day Saver, which granted is more expensive then ground but it does have the word saver in the label.

Just Lurking

Amazon gives the buyer free shipping if they spend atleast $25 on most but not all items that they sell themselves. It can take them a frew days sometimes to ship it out - (yiu go behind people that actual pay for shipping o get faster processing). Also, you must group it one shipment unless they break it into smaller shipments themselves. They call it - free Super Saver shipping.
Amazon (more specifically UPS SCS) choose the cheapest method of shipping.

Amazon has Amazon Prime where you pay $79 per year to get free 2 day or $3.99 per item with no minimum purchase. You can tell these packages by the word premium in the top corner of the label when it a ground package and not next day saver or 2 day.