best way to avoid misloads?

djkre8r

I don't know why I have always had a problem with misloads. Some days are great and others I bomb. I have been fired for misloads and never lost a day of work. SLOW DOWN and concentrate. Drivers used to say I gave crappy loads. Now those same drivers praise the good job I do. My favorite quote comes from the guy that loads across from me. When they come on the belt and tell me "You had a misload yesterday" my co-worker says "But, how many did he get right?". I love it! I do load a lot of packages however.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Preloader simply can't load four cars, its one too many. We have missorts everyday, I'm talking about breaking off trace to meet another driver just about every single day. The extra overtime I and the other four drivers make running missorts is probably more money than our Preloader makes that day. In the pre PAS/EDD days, my Preloader loaded three cars with a load chart and averaged about one missort every six months. Making them load an extra car just doesn't work well the way I see it.

jcohen

Ottawa Preloader
Pile the packages outside of the correct truck while your are getting swamped and when it slows down start loading or if someone else stops the belt get one or two packages loaded.

I've loaded both lite and heavy cars, including mall trucks which have bulk coming down all morning, as well as been moved around the building a cover pre-loader and I will load the same way, pull from the belt and pile if I need to.

I'm currently loading 2 package cars and assisting with loading 3 five tons and I'm not getting any misload by piling, especially in the five tons.

When at the slide, sort by stacking into piles. When you take your stack into the truck, look at every single spa on the box you load. You have to read the truck # and shelf #. Dont waste your time writing with a crayon. Instead, just pick and stick the spa label. Its annoying at first but becomes very easy and much cleaner. Once you have been on an area long enough you will start to recognize the streets, businesses and overall placement of the boxes. I dont even have to think about loading anymore.