Best way to find work as a Fedex Ground Driver?

Chrisgol14

Just recently got approved a Ground Driver and am currently having my uncle (owns his own contracting business) and my previous boss from when i was a driver helper assist me in finding a contractor that is looking for drivers. I don't see alot of FDX Ground listings on job boards like indeed,glassdoor ,etc.. Is Going to the terminal and asking around the ONLY way to find work?

I'm in the san fernando valley in los angeles. If that makes any difference.

Last edited:

SmithBarney

bacha29

Just recently got approved a Ground Driver and am currently having my uncle (owns his own contracting business) and my previous boss from when i was a driver helper assist me in finding a contractor that is looking for drivers. I don't see alot of FDX Ground listings on job boards like indeed,glassdoor ,etc.. Is Going to the terminal and asking around the ONLY way to find work?

You'll eventually find one but when you look at what is being offered in the way of pay and given that you live in an area with one of the highest if not the highest cost of living in the nation then question is how will you survive on it?

It will be fine

The admins that process your info in the Fedex system can ask around. They process drivers for all the contractors and will know who is hiring. They typically know their counterparts in nearby stations and can ask them who's looking as well. I'm sure someone is hiring and a driver that is already approved shouldn't have a problem finding work.

Chrisgol14

You'll eventually find one but when you look at what is being offered in the way of pay and given that you live in an area with one of the highest if not the highest cost of living in the nation then question is how will you survive on it?

Im living with my dad right now. Were just planning on sticking together since LA is so disgustingly expensive. Im still pretty young. The only issue is getting a contractor with benefits.

bacha29

Im living with my dad right now. Were just planning on sticking together since LA is so disgustingly expensive. Im still pretty young. The only issue is getting a contractor with benefits.
I wish you well but the odds of finding a contractor who offers an employer funded benefit package and has an open route are about one step removed from nonexistent .

SmithBarney

LEARN how to find a job, how about asking the person who "approved" you to drive? how lazy are today's youth, living in daddy's basement can't even figure out how to do anything for yourself, search.. this is a future ground driver folks next he'll ask how to deliver...

Chrisgol14

What is your issue, smith? It was a simple question i asked before i started looking on my own. If you even bothered to read my opening post, you'd see i already checked the job boards ya gosh darn illiterate smart ass. Like jesus christ. This isnt even the only job i'm eyeing. You call me lazy yet reading a paragraph is apparently too difficult for you.

Last edited:

Chrisgol14

Also thanks to you other people who actually tried to help me out with my question. I appreciate it. Glad to see there are still people out there that can actually read.

Oh wow there is an ignore button. How useful! Had enough of smithbarney.

STFXG

How did you get approved to drive? You generally have to apply for a current contractor to be ran through the system.

SmithBarney

What is your issue, smith? It was a simple question i asked before i started looking on my own.

Yup before you looked on your own, so in my first reply I did the work for you, I'm the bad guy here.

If you even bothered to read my opening post, you'd see i already checked the job boards ya gosh darn illiterate smart ass.

Did you look or didn't you look? I'm Illiterate? Your first and second sentence contradict each other. I tried to help, you got nasty, entitled children these days.

Hey there internet tough guy, my first reply gave you actual job listings on the sites you said didn't have any,

I don't know how you'll survive on 13.50/hr in the bay area, good luck with that, good luck, try whataburger, they'll pay better with room for advancement.

Peytonmanning11

Craigslist

bacha29

Yup before you looked on your own, so in my first reply I did the work for you, I'm the bad guy here.

Did you look or didn't you look? I'm Illiterate? Your first and second sentence contradict each other. I tried to help, you got nasty, entitled children these days.

Hey there internet tough guy, my first reply gave you actual job listings on the sites you said didn't have any,

I don't know how you'll survive on 13.50/hr in the bay area, good luck with that, good luck, try whataburger, they'll pay better with room for advancement.
Did you ever notice that nationwide pay for contractor drivers is all pretty much the same no matter if you live in the lowest cost of living area or the highest. ? As you pointed out, there are scores of XG contractor driver positions in that area and the pay which is all about the same is WHY there are scores of open positions. It is as we talked about many times transitional employment. Just something to tide you over until a job worth working comes along.