Bezos does the expected for once.

bbsam

Staff member
Something I don't think anyone has brought up yet... How long until Amazon starts getting hit with the same employee/contractor lawsuits that Ground has endured? Whatever issues there were with Ground wielding too much direct control over drivers, I'm sure they exist with Amazon and the drivers that are contracted to work for them.
I think Bezos has been playing close attention to that and has written the contract accordingly.

It will be fine

I think Bezos has been playing close attention to that and has written the contract accordingly.
I also think he doesn’t really care. He’ll pay a settlement and carry on. I’m sure there’s an arbitration clause so he won’t have any actual rulings against him and the public will never hear of any suits or settlements. The expansion of the system is worth more to him than any potential settlements.

bacha29

You're holding it against me that I wasn't alive back then? Neither was he, neither were you. Don't know if you have a point or are just rambling again.
The GenX generation is the "it's all about me" generation, one that doesn't want to confront the fact that others before them laid the ground work at a heavy cost in treasure and lives in order for the GenX generation to enjoy what they have today.
As a funny side note. It was the Boomer generation that started the station where I was and kept it from closing twice in it's first three years of operation. When the Genx's arrived their opinion to a man was that we Boomer's didn't know anything. They had all the answers when it came to taking a business model that was in no way shape or form compatible with an already sparsely populated and depressed rural area that was losing jobs (-93,000) people and discretionary income at an accelerated rate.

bacha29

Something I don't think anyone has brought up yet... How long until Amazon starts getting hit with the same employee/contractor lawsuits that Ground has endured? Whatever issues there were with Ground wielding too much direct control over drivers, I'm sure they exist with Amazon and the drivers that are contracted to work for them.
Good point Dano. If you notice Bezos does not describe the participants as independent contractors but as "Amazon Delivery Partners" . No mention anywhere of being independent or contractors.
It would therefore appear that he and his lawyers have devised a new legal angle to his latest little scheme that might withstand the legal challenges certain to come.
There will not doubt be a few areas of the country where an ADP will make out in a satisfactory manner while they will certainly be as many if not more who will loose big time and they would be the most likely to litigate. Keep in mind though there will be very few if any of the aptly described "converted delivery men" involved but rather the investor class group who will have Bezos and this latest creation equally vetted and examined before getting into it.
No question there will be people and entities who will be negatively impacted and likely first among them will be the X contractors currently operating in the metro areas Bezos has targeted who could end up becoming nothing more than driver training centers for people who will move over to the ADP's as soon as they have documented experience.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
If these subcontractors will pay better than my investor class group, I'm jumping ship and driving their blue Mercedes Benz sprinter cargo vans
download.jpeg

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The GenX generation is the "it's all about me" generation, one that doesn't want to confront the fact that others before them laid the ground work at a heavy cost in treasure and lives in order for the GenX generation to enjoy what they have today.

You base this on... what?

As a funny side note. It was the Boomer generation that started the station where I was and kept it from closing twice in it's first three years of operation. When the Genx's arrived their opinion to a man was that we Boomer's didn't know anything.

Considering that they were dealing with such a cliché spitting and self aggrandizing clown, what did you expect?

bacha29

You base this on... what?

Considering that they were dealing with such a cliché spitting and self aggrandizing clown, what did you expect?
Part 1. Your arrogant attitude and completely undeserved sens of self importance as evidenced by your second comment
Part 2. If they were as good as they had themselves believing they were why weren't they there when we started up and secondly why were most of them gone an a few years and why are the few who remain are seeking buyers had their contract revoked or simply walked away?

zeev

Now I know why has Amazon has built all these huge fulfillment centers with all those doors. All ready to move in their new delivery partners. One question how much are those ground routes worth and will be X be offering refunds.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Part 1. Your arrogant attitude and completely undeserved sens of self importance as evidenced by your second comment

My attitude is that I'm good at what I do and I know this because those who evaluate what I do say I'm good at it. My sense of self importance is that I'm not that important because there are thousands of people who can do what I do, many of them just as well as I do it if not better.

Part 2. If they were as good as they had themselves believing they were why weren't they there when we started up and secondly why were most of them gone an a few years and why are the few who remain are seeking buyers had their contract revoked or simply walked away?

And on the seventh day, you rested.

bacha29

My attitude is that I'm good at what I do and I know this because those who evaluate what I do say I'm good at it. My sense of self importance is that I'm not that important because there are thousands of people who can do what I do, many of them just as well as I do it if not better.

And on the seventh day, you rested.
I'll rest the moment you cease and desist with your personal attacks.

It will be fine

Anyone hear actually, really looking into this? I'm interested in checking it out.
I know a few guys that have amazon contracts but none under this version. It’s worth exploring, but the math doesn’t sound too good. 40 trucks with $300k profit is only $7,500/truck/year that’s with having to run a 7 day operation. You need your own DOT too, that’s more work, higher risk and not much of a reward.

bacha29

Anyone hear actually, really looking into this? I'm interested in checking it out.
Just like a X Ground contract it's only as good as the demographics of the area you happen to be located. We are a consumption driven economy dependent upon large amounts of discretionary spending. Bezos knows that and that's why he only wants the easy in town stuff while leaving the depressed rural areas for the Big 3 to fight over . ........ Let's see if they'll let him get away with it.
However having bought Pillpack the very same day as much as he hates having to do it he might just have to go nationwide and do it quickly regardless of the cost.

Oldfart

Just like a X Ground contract it's only as good as the demographics of the area you happen to be located. We are a consumption driven economy dependent upon large amounts of discretionary spending. Bezos knows that and that's why he only wants the easy in town stuff while leaving the depressed rural areas for the Big 3 to fight over . ........ Let's see if they'll let him get away with it.
However having bought Pillpack the very same day as much as he hates having to do it he might just have to go nationwide and do it quickly regardless of the cost.
Has he not reached out to you for guidance?

bacha29

Has he not reached out to you for guidance?
Given your twisted perspective he 's sure as hell's going to come for mine before he'll come for yours.
Look, all I can do is to keep digging for more information regarding the ADP model including it's terms as well as when and where it will arrive in the pursuit of the broadest possible perspective but that won't take much to exceed yours.
And look we all commend you for your years of productive contribution including your experience and knowledge of past practice but given your constant inclusion of cheap shots ( which anybody can take) as well as your personal attacks respect for your contribution is something that will not be found no matter where you look.

Oldfart

Given your twisted perspective he 's sure as hell's going to come for mine before he'll come for yours.
Look, all I can do is to keep digging for more information regarding the ADP model including it's terms as well as when and where it will arrive in the pursuit of the broadest possible perspective but that won't take much to exceed yours.
And look we all commend you for your years of productive contribution including your experience and knowledge of past practice but given your constant inclusion of cheap shots ( which anybody can take) as well as your personal attacks respect for your contribution is something that will not be found no matter where you look.
You seem to have the answers and solutions. I just figured he would be foolish to not seek your guidance. I know nothing or care nothing about Amazon's delivery plans. As long as I can get my free shipping, that is all that concerns me. Anyone that figures they know how it will all work before it even happens is just speculating.

zeev

Amazon is also coming for the air business,they are building an air hub in Kentucky and have built their fulfillment center with a direct route in to our local airport. The delivery partners makes perfect sense.

dvalleyjim

I did 18 years as a Ground contractor, multi-van operator after the first year. I looked into this and it looks pretty gnarly. They want a 7 day a week, 365/yr operation and for you to have twice as many drivers as routes (40 routes, 80 drivers). Start up company that UPS and FedEx will try to crush. It's a big risk. I will take the next step and see what they are paying. Sounds like a pain in the ass.

Chaos

I Am The Devil
You guys are hilarious with the jabs and insults to each other. Anyone here who thinks this new Amazon deal is good is delusional. Taking into account you all know what it’s like at X, it’s just another form of taking it up the ass as time goes on. High risk low reward. I was approached with this and the numbers don’t justify the means. I look at it as a downgrade from X and that says a lot.