Bezos does the expected for once.

bacha29

Then you live in crapsville, US. Has X stopped serving those addresses since you left?
Countless PO's have been closed. Now with ISP contractors have to send people out not based on stops and pkg counts but area coverage which still extends across multiple counties. The result is that out of 4 contractors that remained after the ISP conversion one defaulted one has spent nearly a year and a half desperately trying to find a buyer. Of the other 2 one now owns my route which I had to finance 100% because while his father was president of the bank he did business with even his own father's bank wouldn't loan him a dime. Now if I don't get a payment in the next few days under the terms of the sales agreement he'll be in default. As for the last one all he gets done doing is training new guys and drive routes when somebody quits or calls off.

bbsam

Staff member
Countless PO's have been closed. Now with ISP contractors have to send people out not based on stops and pkg counts but area coverage which still extends across multiple counties. The result is that out of 4 contractors that remained after the ISP conversion one defaulted one has spent nearly a year and a half desperately trying to find a buyer. Of the other 2 one now owns my route which I had to finance 100% because while his father was president of the bank he did business with even his own father's bank wouldn't loan him a dime. Now if I don't get a payment in the next few days under the terms of the sales agreement he'll be in default. As for the last one all he gets done doing is training new guys and drive routes when somebody quits or calls off.
But you’re missing the point. “Day one” or “started last week” doesn’t matter. The model is still in place with a contractor model. X is still getting packages delivered and picked up. That they had to run over you corpse yesterday and mine tomorrow means nothing to them. We are all replaceable.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Then you live in crapsville, US. Has X stopped serving those addresses since you left?
They should if they wanna increase profits. Instead Ground went with the "let's try to please everybody" model. Too many zips are loss leaders. Nuttin' but grandma's cookies.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It is an issue when the salary falls below the minimum wage of their state.

I'm in a vehicle under 10,000 lbs. So they have to watch out for that.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
But you’re missing the point. “Day one” or “started last week” doesn’t matter. The model is still in place with a contractor model. X is still getting packages delivered and picked up. That they had to run over you corpse yesterday and mine tomorrow means nothing to them. We are all replaceable.

Yeah I noticed Craig's list wanted ads for those subcontractors who won't go past their maximum stop threshold via various temp agencies.They bring in hourly temp drivers who gets less cargo and stress, but pays better than the subcontractors.

Is it that way in your depressed area, bacha?

bacha29

It is an issue when the salary falls below the minimum wage of their state.

I'm in a vehicle under 10,000 lbs. So they have to watch out for that.
As has been discussed on the site before under the FLSA operators qualify for OT after 40.

bacha29

Yeah I noticed Craig's list wanted ads for those subcontractors who won't go past their maximum stop threshold via various temp agencies.They bring in hourly temp drivers who gets less cargo and stress, but pays better than the subcontractors.

Is it that way in your depressed area, bacha?
Until recent years whenever there was a volume spike the terminal would fit the bill for temp agency supplied manpower and when the subcontractor's per diem was divided into a hourly wage the hourly wage of the terminal temp exceeded it by sometimes quite a bit and it was a very serious point of contention.
But when my station converted to ISP the TM there now will not under any way shape or form run terminal funded temps. He simply throws it back onto the 4 remaining ISP contractors to figure out what to do.In turn all they could do was to hire people as full time ride along's or part timers in the hope that would come out when they needed them. Some times they would come out and other times they landed better offers or simply left the area all together.
Now if you have small number of routes having to keep full time people around with no route just to cover your expletive deleted in many cases that extra full time man is pretty much taking the contractor's pay home with him.

bacha29

Yes, and given that X is the omnipotent power combined with it's past practices it makes it quite clear that no contractor can place any value or asking price on his routes outside the book value on his trucks which are his only tangible assets with any degree of certainty that he will receive that price going forward. These things cannot be perceived in the same vein as a lump sum pension distribution but I think that in the back of the minds of some they in fact do so.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes, and given that X is the omnipotent power combined with it's past practices it makes it quite clear that no contractor can place any value or asking price on his routes outside the book value on his trucks which are his only tangible assets with any degree of certainty that he will receive that price going forward. These things cannot be perceived in the same vein as a lump sum pension distribution but I think that in the back of the minds of some they in fact do so.
Watched a guy sell for $750k cash.

bacha29

And could it have been sold to somebody from the investor class? . I wonder if the guy who sold knows that he has to pay back all the depreciation he has claimed on his trucks and he might just find himself looking at the alternative minimum tax as well.

bbsam

Staff member
And could it have been sold to somebody from the investor class? . I wonder if the guy who sold knows that he has to pay back all the depreciation he has claimed on his trucks and he might just find himself looking at the alternative minimum tax as well.
He did it three years ago. Seems happy with his decision. Bought a business servicing bar taps now.

Oldfart

Once again bacha opinion gets shot down. OUCH!!!!

Oldfart

He did it three years ago. Seems happy with his decision. Bought a business servicing bar taps now.

BAZINGA!!!