Bid driver w/ less seniority than cover driver

BUCN85

just curious if anybody has seen this and how does the center handle it? A route goes up for bid and a driver with less seniority than another driver who decided he didn't want the route gets it. Does this new bid driver automatically get seniority over that driver. Say if it's a day they cut routes and that new bid driver may not have worked if they did not win the bid.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
No, the bid driver does not have more seniority over the driver who turned down the route. If the bid driver's route is cut he can A. If 50% of bid drivers route is on another route and that driver has less seniority, he can bump that driver. B. Will be placed in the order of seniority of the unassigned (cover) driver pool but will be below the unassigned driver that has more seniority

BUCN85

I'm saying though if the bid drivers route is not a route that gets cut. So that driver would have to stay home for the day if the pecking order did not get to him for that day.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I'm saying though if the bid drivers route is not a route that gets cut. So that driver would have to stay home for the day if the pecking order did not get to him for that day.
Short answer yes, long answer is if the driver does not request his 8, the driver would be put on the over list and go home as the (bid driver) has less seniority than that other driver

barnyard

KTM rider
I am in that situation. There are 5 people with less seniority than me that have their own routes. If there is no work available for me, I can bump the lowest seniority person off his/her route. I cannot pick and choose which of the 5, it has to be the lowest seniority.

In the 3+ years of having people with lower seniority than me having routes, there has not been an opportunity to bump anyone. There has always been either a cut route or someone willing to go home.

Back first

I am in that situation. There are 5 people with less seniority than me that have their own routes. If there is no work available for me, I can bump the lowest seniority person off his/her route. I cannot pick and choose which of the 5, it has to be the lowest seniority.

In the 3+ years of having people with lower seniority than me having routes, there has not been an opportunity to bump anyone. There has always been either a cut route or someone willing to go home.
Management needs to give you 24hr notice in event of a layoff. If you show up for work demand your 8 simple as that.

clever_username

Philosoraptor
I'm one of those low seniority drivers. I got my route because no one else wanted it. I've only been driving a little over three years. Haven't been bumped yet.

Staydryitsraining

If anyone has more seniority than another you simply say I have more seniority and I'm going out in the blind. You say, well it doesn't bother anyone to send people out in the blind when a route has to be delivered. If they say no, file get paid.