Bid Drivers treated as Swing Drivers

Trucker Clock

Furthermore, you are saying if your route is broken into 3 or more, that someone from another loop can decide to not follow their work and bump you from following yours? That's some crazy stuff.

Didn’t say that. I said that for you to follow a portion of your route that is more than a 2 way split, that you have no rights over a senior driver.

In other words, you need more seniority than a driver that part of your route went to in order to follow that portion and do that route.

And, if another senior drivers route is broken up and he refuses to follow any portion of his split, he has no bumping rights. So how can he bump you from following your split?

Up In Smoke

Correct. That’s the contract.

It’s your bid route and you’re following the majority of your work.

Might suck for the other guy, but why should he be able to do your bid route just because he has more seniority?
Your talking in circles. Bumping a senior driver from his bid route just because some of your work got moved to his route is not in the contract.

Trucker Clock

Your talking in circles. Bumping a senior driver from his bid route just because some of your work got moved to his route is not in the contract.

Just because you can’t understand a contract, don’t blame me.

Central Region Supplement

Article 3

Section 9—Route Changes

(a) Temporary:

"Other than the period of November 15th through January 15th if a bid area is changed fifty percent (50%) or more, the employee shall have the right to follow the portion in excess of fifty percent (50%) of the delivery stops.

Up In Smoke

Just because you can’t understand a contract, don’t blame me.

Central Region Supplement

Article 3

Section 9—Route Changes

(a) Temporary:

"Other than the period of November 15th through January 15th if a bid area is changed fifty percent (50%) or more, the employee shall have the right to follow the portion in excess of fifty percent (50%) of the delivery stops.
I've been a steward for 25 years and know the contract pretty well. If a junior driver thinks he's bumping me off my bid route because 51% of his delivery stops ended up in my truck, he's nuts.

Trucker Clock

I've been a steward for 25 years and know the contract pretty well.

Apparently, you don't.

If a junior driver thinks he's bumping me off my bid route because 51% of his delivery stops ended up in my truck, he's nuts.

You don't have a choice. He has every right contractually. Pack your stuff and move to a different route.

Sorry, I didn't write the contract, I just enforce it.

Up In Smoke

Apparently, you don't.

You don't have a choice. He has every right contractually. Pack your stuff and move to a different route.

Sorry, I didn't write the contract, I just enforce it.
So I have to vacate my bid area that has not been broken for a junior driver. I have 33 years seniority and I am the most junior driver in my loop. Every Monday my route is broken and I have no right to bump any of the drivers. My bid sheet had listed this tiny little town on it. I never deliver there t-s, but on Mondays I bump the junior driver on that route.

Trucker Clock

My bid sheet had listed this tiny little town on it. I never deliver there t-s, but on Mondays I bump the junior driver on that route.

What part don't you understand?

That's exactly what I told you and exactly what the contract states. Your route incurred a greater than 2 way split. You can follow any portion, based on seniority.

You followed a portion of your area and bumped a junior driver. Article 3 Section 9.

I never deliver there t-s,

Irrelevant. It is listed as your bid area.

So I have to vacate my bid area that has not been broken for a junior driver.

Yes.

I have 33 years seniority and I am the most junior driver in my loop. Every Monday my route is broken and I have no right to bump any of the drivers.

That is correct, unless it is a 2 way split. I have never seen a route that incurred a true 2 way split. I'll bet you never have either.

If it was a true 2 way split, yes, you can follow the portion in excess of 50% no matter where it goes, no matter who has more seniority. That's what the contract says.

It always amazes me the Stewards out there who say they know the contract but actually don't. For the Steward's who don't claim to know everything, I understand. It is on ongoing learning process.

Up In Smoke

My route on Monday is a true 2 way split. My route is about 75 stops and 250 miles. I'm the C car of a 4 car loop. The B and the A absorb my route and I bump into D car which delivers my little town every day. Seniority is observed.

Trucker Clock

My route on Monday is a true 2 way split. My route is about 75 stops and 250 miles. I'm the C car of a 4 car loop. The B and the A absorb my route and I bump into D car which delivers my little town every day. Seniority is observed.

It’s not a 2 way split. That little town you refer to makes it a 3 way split. That little town is part of your bid area, per the Central Region Supplement. Just because you don’t run it everyday doesn’t mean it’s not part of your bid area.

Your bid area is not just the stops on your package car that day.

You followed a portion of your bid area, per Article 3 Section 9.

Manifesto

This is crazy talk. When my route is cut, a C route, I can't just bump the B guy, who is 2 months away from retiring, because he has all of his normal stuff, plus about 30 stops off mine. That seems to be what I'm hearing. I do however follow my work on Mondays when he takes the day off, which happens almost every Monday.

FozziesDeliveries

My route is an A route but on mondays its all the work from the B route plus my pickups but they still call it the A route. Most mondays they have me on it and give the high seniority B driver the day, other mondays they have him work it and just throw me where ever they want. My normal work goes onto an friend route on another loop on Mondays that a lower seniority unbid driver runs most of the time but sometimes its a higher seniority driver but it doesn't have any of his route work on it. I just recently started finding this out that that was what they keep doing. Idk dispatch keeps doing whatever the friend they want it seems.

Trucker Clock

This is crazy talk. When my route is cut, a C route, I can't just bump the B guy, who is 2 months away from retiring, because he has all of his normal stuff, plus about 30 stops off mine. That seems to be what I'm hearing.

You’re not listening. 30 stops of yours does not sound like more than 50% of your bid area. So no, you cannot bump him.

I do however follow my work on Mondays when he takes the day off, which happens almost every Monday.

As you should.

bumped

Seniority does not come into play for a 2 way split. You can follow the greater portion without taking seniority into account.

For a 3 way or more split, you have no rights over a senior employee, whether from a different area or not.
Has this been grieved before? Are there any panel cases on this?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

The real answer is to suck donkey balls on any route you don't want to run. Over Allowed is the only thing management understands.
Last summer they wanted to start cutting my trip on Monday’s and they thought I would just take an unpaid day. The first Monday they called me to tell me it was cut and I said okay what am I running? The only route they had was a 45 minute drive to a rural town with 90 stops and no cell service. They try to scare you into taking that unpaid day with the threat of getting boned on a route you don’t know. I gladly took it and was beyond thrilled that the package car had a broken diad cradle. Grabbed me a spare battery for the diad and printed out a map of the route and skipped with glee to the package car. Missed some pickups, brought back 30 stops and worked until 10:30. My route was back on the next Monday.