.....bid move deadline

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Well its June 14th, and no one from management has said anything about when I will be moved. ( currently Tues-Sat ....my bid was/is for Mon-Fri; basically the same daily stuff ).
Do I just show up on Monday ?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Well its June 14th, and no one from management has said anything about when I will be moved. ( currently Tues-Sat ....my bid was/is for Mon-Fri; basically the same daily stuff ).
Do I just show up on Monday ?

Write a letter to corporate HR , send a copy to Chip Barnes and Local 25. Write that UPS is in contempt of the moves they agreed to make by the deadline, and light ablaze the bid next year ;)

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I would call in to the Saturday shift and see if you are on the rolls for next week or what.

My guess - He would rather stay saturdays because he gets the easy seat, but could easily prefer M/friend like the rest of the world but have more hours at the counter and probably be a nice target after filing breach of contract......

Let us know what happens, Mustafo.

Cementups

Box Monkey
last I new a bid should be started within 30 days of hte time the bid is awarded. That's how it was when I got my bid, not sue if it changed.

good to know that they called you to start it though. No worries now.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Question. Where is CB today? Used to screw up, er, I mean manage here.

ENE District Manager. I don't know much concerning his pat, and probably won't ever know because I'm out of that district now. I do know he was pretty feverent about getting all of the moves done before the June 15th deadline to keep the bid biannual. The stipulation was if all bids were not made by June 15th, the bid goes back to annual (and CB has a field day with the guilty parties)

browniehound

read my last post. New England Supplement - all bid moves made by June 15th. His move wasn't made.

Its now June 16th and if you have not been moved the bid should now be back to an annual bid instead of the 2-year bid UPS would prefer. I hope you tell your BA and file a grievence.

If what you say is true, your business manager will probably be fired for causing the 2-year bid that UPS has been pushing for for so long back to a 1-year bid. Your business manager should be fired for his ineptitude. He had almost 4 months to re-assign his people to their new jobs. Why didn't he do it? He's not making rockets here. I can't believe we have people like this running out very successful business.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm sure he's not too worred about it since he seemed eager to start his new bid.

Not eager.....quite concerned.
Why did mgt forget about me ?
I asked everyday about the move, why did they start with lower seniority people first ?
Why am I currently doing the work that the new combo should be doing ?
I put in over twenty years working Saturdays, taking very few off so I didn't have what most would call a normal work week. All those missed games because I had to work really hurt.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Not eager.....quite concerned.
Why did mgt forget about me ?
I asked everyday about the move, why did they start with lower seniority people first ?
Why am I currently doing the work that the new combo should be doing ?
I put in over twenty years working Saturdays, taking very few off so I didn't have what most would call a normal work week. All those missed games because I had to work really hurt.

ohhh the waves you could make Joe. I know you don't care, but I would stick it to 'em. Are you still running misloads? Doing any air work?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Its now June 16th and if you have not been moved the bid should now be back to an annual bid instead of the 2-year bid UPS would prefer. I hope you tell your BA and file a grievence.

If what you say is true, your business manager will probably be fired for causing the 2-year bid that UPS has been pushing for for so long back to a 1-year bid. Your business manager should be fired for his ineptitude. He had almost 4 months to re-assign his people to their new jobs. Why didn't he do it? He's not making rockets here. I can't believe we have people like this running out very successful business.

It isnt because of ineptitude, its because of flexibility and positioning and being able to get away with it

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I spoke with the BA today; and technically since June 15th was a Sunday and not a workday then my lack-of-move doesnot count.