Bid training route

Hot Carl

No. If you signed the bid sheet and it says it’s a training route then it’s a training route.
This. On the plus side, it's a training route for a reason. It's easy. And whenever they're training on that route you'll probably be mostly relegated to split cars and other easy routes.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
This. On the plus side, it's a training route for a reason. It's easy. And whenever they're training on that route you'll probably be mostly relegated to split cars and other easy routes.
I know some good routes so I’m not too worried. But other higher seniority drivers are telling me it’s a crap route even though they’ve never done it…..

BrownStains

If it’s a training route they can bump you off for a new guy then you’re able to bid on routes by seniority off the coverage list like a bid coverage driver.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
You have to rebid the route and if it’s a good one and they do rebid, you will not win it unless you have a ton of seniority… because those old geezers know it’s good but simply don’t want it due to the training aspect.
I have had a bid training route for over 3 years. Pretty easy to get done even when it’s completely bricked out.
My center has multiple training routes in each day. When they train on it, they have to rotate routes (for example they cannot just keep training over and over on yours) and when you are off of it, you become a swing driver again.
Seen it go both ways…I had horrible management one year that decided to put me on the worst blown-out route every day; simply due to me knowing almost the whole center’s area. Most the other times you either cover a vacation or you get a split route that’s pretty easy. If you’re on good terms with your dispatch, they usually work with you.
Love my route. I don’t think I’ll ever leave it. Plus getting to go do swing driving and break the monotony is nice a couple times per year!

DriverNerd

When would they be forced to make it a non training route?
The only way they would be forced to get rid of a training route is if they wanted to create a new one on a particular route, but they were already at their contract maximum or if a bunch of routes moved to anther building/center and they then had too many training routes per the contract. Usually when they get rid of one it's because too many people fail at the route or they have another one in mind that was bid for a long time and they want that one instead.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
But other higher seniority drivers are telling me it’s a crap route even though they’ve never done it…..
typical old timer attitude don’t pay any attention to it..every route sucks. How many times you hear a guy say “ I love that route” . Training route or not you should be doing it unless supervisors are actively training on it ( LOL)
🧔‍♂️✊