Deferred Delivery?

Trucker Clock

Is the route EXACTLY the same the other 3 days?

Doesn't have to be EXACTLY the same.

dd.jpg

Trucker Clock

Day to day adjustments such as completely eliminating the delivery area is leading to rebids here

A little different than trying to come up with an additional 10% to try and reach the 50% bumping language.

If everybody's area is completely changed, with some eliminated, then rebid. If only a few routes are changed, or eliminated, then only rebid those. Here, only about 10 routes out of 120 changed enough for a bump. We're not rebidding all 120 routes.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A little different than trying to come up with an additional 10% to try and reach the 50% bumping language.

If everybody's area is completely changed, with some eliminated, then rebid. If only a few routes are changed, or eliminated, then only rebid those. Here, only about 10 routes out of 120 changed enough for a bump. We're not rebidding all 120 routes.
3 out of 5 days doesn’t even reach the threshold to be a bid route does it?

Trucker Clock

3 out of 5 days doesn’t even reach the threshold to be a bid route does it?

It was someone's bid route. They are now making a temporary change on a weekly basis by cutting it one or two days a week. The real question becomes does this driver have permanent bumping rights because his route is out one or two days a week?

I'm sure it's already been ruled on. Ask @BigUnionGuy

upsjack

It was someone's bid route. They are now making a temporary change on a weekly basis by cutting it one or two days a week. The real question becomes does this driver have permanent bumping rights because his route is out one or two days a week?

I'm sure it's already been ruled on. Ask @BigUnionGuy
Permanent bumping rights is the question I’m trying to get answered.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
All joking aside, any reaction, statements, etc from the union in response to rural delivery service cuts? As I said before, it is somewhat easy now using with social media to generate negative press against the company for doing this.