Bidded route to training route

QKRSTKR

We have bids for life, if the company needs a new training route and nothing is open, they will pick a route a designate it a training route. At which time the driver has the choice to rebid or maintain his bid as a training route.

This is why I told you to check your local supplement, as every area will have different rules.

Just curious what u would rebid to? There aren't always rtes open to bid, are there? At least not here. When a rte goes up for bid, the employer can make it a training rte. Not after it's bid. When they bid my present rte I thought they were going to do it as a training rte. As soon as bid went up and I seen no training rte I signed right away. That way they couldn't change bid.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
went to the union about it good old 493 sucks they said i cant greive it... it saves the company money as the so called summer help make half as much as we do...so ya my local says that the company is right i cant bump a casual as a trng rte is a w.a.d. rte bullshiz if u ask me...i wish i knew where to go above my union ba head to get the truth
Lets straighten up the language. In your example, the casual driver is called back after delivering in a previous year? Then he is not able to be put on a training route.

A training route is to do what it says. It is to be used to train a new driver on a single route so he can learn it before being put on another route. Thats it. After the new driver has his 30 days on the training route, you should be able to get back on it. But it is not used as a route to bring back drivers that have already gotten their 30 days in. They are to cover routes, not take bid routes away from drivers. And bid routes are subject to seniority.

I am sorry your BA does not understand that.

d

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Lets straighten up the language. In your example, the casual driver is called back after delivering in a previous year? Then he is not able to be put on a training route.

A training route is to do what it says. It is to be used to train a new driver on a single route so he can learn it before being put on another route. Thats it. After the new driver has his 30 days on the training route, you should be able to get back on it. But it is not used as a route to bring back drivers that have already gotten their 30 days in. They are to cover routes, not take bid routes away from drivers. And bid routes are subject to seniority.

I am sorry your BA does not understand that.

What he is saying is casual summer help drivers are working while he, a full time seniority driver is laid off.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
What he is saying is casual summer help drivers are working while he, a full time seniority driver is laid off.

Summer help is used to cover vacations, when the number of cover drivers is not enough to cover the routes. Training runs are used to train new drivers that are new to UPS. Summer help are not new drivers, as they have delivered before. So, in his case the company is misusing the training route to take a person off his bid route, and place him in coverage, which flys in the face of the seniority clause in the contract.

d

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
i am on a training route...i get kicked off of it in june when the casuals come back... i get bounced to cover and sometimes not work at all bcause i am told we cant bump casuals...i guess these scabs(for lack of a better term)have the right to work b4 the full time seniority drivers...i was told they make trng routes based on the fact that they have all the elemrnts of a drivers day...pickups c.o.ds... comm. and resi stops...

Danny, my bad. I mistook this post for the OP. The above situation cannot be happening. BM