Bidding into packages

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are you saying that they are somehow forcing rpcd to bid down to 22.4? I don't believe it.

We've had several guys go feeder, hate it, and come back to package here. They have a three year commit though. The guy who used to own my route went feeder for three years, hated it, and bid back on a super sweet route another guy just retired from.
Here’s how I think it’s written. 22.4 will have super seniority for all NEW RPCD job openings.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
That a full sized stallion instead of a donkey?
Thats like having a Clydesdale and not a mini burro.

Me in Package...
burro1.jpg

Me in FEEDERS...
horsespullsemi.jpg

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Are you saying that they are somehow forcing rpcd to bid down to 22.4? I don't believe it.

We've had several guys go feeder, hate it, and come back to package here. They have a three year commit though. The guy who used to own my route went feeder for three years, hated it, and bid back on a super sweet route another guy just retired from.
They told us if you sign after you get top rate you’re red circled at your current pay and you won’t get any annual raises, but if you’re still in progression your slated into the new progression.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
What is this 22.4 and Regular nonsense? You go through progression once. There is no red circling the regular wage into a 22.4 position. It is exactly how your wages and progression would change as a 22.3 bid.

KoennenTiger

Autocorrect got me on that and was too lazy to fix it. We had a meeting with management and the union about it last week. This is what they said. If you want to go full time you need to be 22.4

Yes but not if you already are full time. They can't force a full time driver to bid down to a 22.4. But yeah all these new cover drivers are now basically on an 8 year progression instead of the old 4 year one. I'm not sure how bad it will be as they used to use TCDs like crazy here and they got paid bottom rate no matter what and still earned part time seniority.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
With 25 years in you can be near the top of a rpcd list, or bottom of a feeder list. Working days with a good route and summer vaca, or, feeder nights/cover/etc. with leftover vaca weeks...

Not where I’m at. We have guys that have been in feeders for 3 years and have 100+ people below them. A lot of old timers left recently and they’ve been bringing people up like crazy. So much so that they’ve exhausted the list of package drivers that want into feeders and opened the job to part timers. Good time to be a new hire where I’m at, when I started you needed at least 10 years to go package. Then another 10 in package to go feeder.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
I heard the only way to become a RPCD is to be a 22.4 first. Is this true? I used to be in packages moved to another department. Just wondering if the door was closed on going back into packages.

All Depending on how bad people want to drive and how bad your center needs rpcd. Its all based on seniority. Ex. A 22.4 of 1 month has more seniority for a rpcd position than a cover driver of 15 years. Still a chance of just going straight to an rpcd position.