Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server on Monday and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

Bidding into packages

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by $see$gone, Oct 7, 2019.

1. $see$gone

$see$gone New Member

I heard the only way to become a RPCD is to be a 22.4 first. Is this true? I used to be in packages moved to another department. Just wondering if the door was closed on going back into packages.

2. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

Aren’t we all in packages? Where you work now?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. $see$gone

$see$gone New Member

Feeders

4. MyTripisCut

I see, why in the good green earth would you come back to package?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. $see$gone

$see$gone New Member

Just would like to know what options I have. I hear you feeders is a different world from packages.

6. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

I guess it depends where you are. Here, your FT seniority would determine who gets the bid when they bid the RPCD. So no, you wouldn't have to go 22.4.

7. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Have you ever worked in “packages”

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  8. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

Can you even come back to packages? I thought once you went feeder, you stayed in feeder.

9. MyTripisCut

My local, you bid feeder, have to stay two years, then if a driver job comes up you could bid back.

10. sandwich

sandwich The resident gearhead

Too many different rules across the country.

11. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

F* that. We have one feeder position here. No way if I go into feeders would I ever come back.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  12. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

Why would anyone want to leave a job making 125 to 150k a year with access to Lot Lizards?

13. Yeet

Yeet Inbound, turnaround, go to town

Troll post. No one would ever leave feeder for package.

14. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

3ArrowsPointingDown.gif

15. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I've seen two people do it. We all thought they were crazy.

16. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

We had a driver that went into feeders, was in it for about a month and they let him go back to his old package route because he claimed he couldn't sleep during the day.

17. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

With 25 years in you can be near the top of a rpcd list, or bottom of a feeder list. Working days with a good route and summer vaca, or, feeder nights/cover/etc. with leftover vaca weeks...

18. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Sissy Brown Short Shorts Active Member

We were told that you absolutely need to be 22.4 to bid up into full time package now or you’ll continually lose seniority. They also wouldn’t admit that covers would now be on call seven days a week with one or two non consecutive days off whenever they wanted to give them to you, so keep that in mind. They’re screwing over a lot of drivers in my center. They’re posting the 22.4 bid sheet only two or three weeks out from quite a few guys getting top rate, so not only are they making them work weekends now they’re stealing 7$ an hour of their pay. Scumbags.

19. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

How are they screwing drivers over that are almost at top rate?
    A RPCD cannot lose seniority or have $7 per hour stolen from them just because 22.4 bids have been put up.

20. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

Are you saying that they are somehow forcing rpcd to bid down to 22.4? I don't believe it.

We've had several guys go feeder, hate it, and come back to package here. They have a three year commit though. The guy who used to own my route went feeder for three years, hated it, and bid back on a super sweet route another guy just retired from.