Biden asks Congress to avert railroad strike.

Nah
cost to nation $2B a day if strike happens.......like we need another excuse for higher prices.
They turned down a 25% raise.
Well with 8% inflation, a 25% raise over 5 years is a net pay cut. The money isn't the reason they're upset, but if it was, I'd take no issue with it. It's still a bad deal.

Nah
Convenient "friend" to unions. Remember, his first act as President was to kill union worker pipeline jobs. Biden's corporate cronies need help. When will union leadership wake up?
The same time members wake up and demand union leaders fight for them, not themselves.

over9five

Staff member
That POS is practically on his knees begging congress to enforce the proposal "as is".
Corporations are laughing at us (unions) knowing they have Biden in their pocket.
This could be us next year. Imagine being forced to work by congress after you have voted to strike.
FJB

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That POS is practically on his knees begging congress to enforce the proposal "as is".
Corporations are laughing at us (unions) knowing they have Biden in their pocket.
This could be us next year. Imagine being forced to work by congress after you have voted to strike.
FJB
Where is union leadership threatened to work against Democrats next election? Time to throw around some power.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
  • 4. THWART LANGUAGE FILTERS.Using spaces between letters, strange characters or misspellings to get around the language filters to post filtered words is annoying. Your vocabulary is bigger than that. Curse words are not okay. We know you know what that means.
Frustrate Joe Biden. FJB. What's the problem?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What's the worst thing to happen ?
Strike is called, Congress demands they not, workers refuse to return, Biden fires the whole lot and replaces them with new unskilled labor ( newly arrived ).
Injuries and accidents quadruples daily but media turn a blind eye and blames Trump for all of it.
Meanwhile as the economy quickly stops, bad orange man sports a big smile and continues to give speeches gloating " I told you so ".

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
i worked ups for 39 years . I dont have any sympathy for the railroad workers and will never believe anyone works harder or has had it harder than career upsers.
How many times did you go to work under forced duress, especially against your own interests?

newfie

I don't think anyone is forced to work for the railroad. You don't like it, find another job.
agreed . Like I said before I'm all for them getting everything they can through their labor negotiations.

to your point if they really are engaged in forced duress whatever the hell that is you can walk or not take the job and find something that works better for you.

Jiangshi

Heavily Moderated User, Loves Sailfish
FJB
Say the words instead of deleting my post. Say what POS means and what FJB means.

4. THWART LANGUAGE FILTERS. Using spaces between letters, strange characters or misspellings to get around the language filters to post filtered words is annoying. Your vocabulary is bigger than that. Curse words are not okay. We know you know what that mean