"Bid's Gone Sour"

SWORDFISH

i think its a reflection on todays workforce. many don't want to work that hard anymore.

LOL.... Tieguy you seem to want to be an objective smart guy so whats w/ this comment. Come on now your anonymous here you can take off your clone suit. We need to put you in a package car for awhile it sounds like. That comment was a low blow at alot of hardworking people.

22.34life

Plenty of drivers here want 22.3 jobs,i have seen plenty take pay cuts for one.I know its different by supplement but in texas alot of drivers took 22.3 jobs and didnt get the whole story or were missleed,some thought they would get overtime and they dont or didnt know there senority reset because they changed classification.Some that were drivers for a really long time or were hired off the streets as drivers got a 22.3 job and on their hub side of the job they would have them unload because they didnt know how to do anything else.Most drivers i know who took 22.3 jobs are happy now but not at first,believe me i know package car is very hard because i clerk for the drivers but some drivers thought it was a free lunch in the hub came in and found out its hard work too.there really isnt any easy work at ups,just hard and harder.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Plenty of drivers here want 22.3 jobs,i have seen plenty take pay cuts for one.I know its different by supplement but in texas alot of drivers took 22.3 jobs and didnt get the whole story or were missleed,some thought they would get overtime and they dont or didnt know there senority reset because they changed classification.Some that were drivers for a really long time or were hired off the streets as drivers got a 22.3 job and on their hub side of the job they would have them unload because they didnt know how to do anything else.Most drivers i know who took 22.3 jobs are happy now but not at first,believe me i know package car is very hard because i clerk for the drivers but some drivers thought it was a free lunch in the hub came in and found out its hard work too.there really isnt any easy work at ups,just hard and harder.

I don't know about that. My 22.3 job is very easy, and I'm definitly not alone in that. The only hard part are the hours, to be honest.

Anyway, "bids gone sour"...well it looks like as everyone else around me gets shuffled into their bid jobs, the company will once again withold from moving me until June 14th 23:59pm before the June 15th deadline. :D

blue efficacy

1st off, I was not talking about shareholders or UPS specifically. I was talking about a generation that has not been taught the value of working for what they get. And 2nd, your right..................................... they're lazy.
I was speaking in general, too.

Also, in my parents and grandparents' generation, shareholders and top execs did not skim proportionately as much away from the workers, either. This may also have something to do with the disillusionment of younger workers.

And lets not forget all of the unskilled blue collar jobs that have been made obsolete through "advancements" and such. Also, even white collar jobs are seeing a similar fate, through technological advancements and outsourcing.

Blaming my generation's workforce for being disillusioned is merely blaming the victim.