News about 22.3 inside combo?

BobJ

The '97 strike was about getting inside full time jobs. Did the Union forget about them afterward?

Are there any changes? will there be more available, or are they getting phased out? Several vacant combos have not been replaced in my hub since the previous holder retired/quit.

They used to be Easy/Hard combos, but they've devolved into whatever job UPS wants to assign; no different than doing doubles every day.

They've also been used by my local union to "save" drivers who lost their license due to DUI's; so they can continue working inside instead of getting fired. No bids put up.

HubSnakeWrangler

I kind of embarrasingly drunk posted/spammed the forums about this last night and early morning. 🫣 I just want more info put out about the combo jobs in general.

nWo

It says 7,500 new ft jobs created from existing pt jobs. 1,000 in the 3rd year. 3,000 in the 4th and 3,500 in the 5th.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The '97 strike was about getting inside full time jobs. Did the Union forget about them afterward?

Are there any changes? will there be more available, or are they getting phased out? Several vacant combos have not been replaced in my hub since the previous holder retired/quit.

They used to be Easy/Hard combos, but they've devolved into whatever job UPS wants to assign; no different than doing doubles every day.

They've also been used by my local union to "save" drivers who lost their license due to DUI's; so they can continue working inside instead of getting fired. No bids put up.
'97 was about the pension.

nWo

I know half of our current 22.3s will probably be retiring after peak. We have a dude in his 70s in car wash. We have a couple guys that are pushing 4 bills. 40-45 years of service. Should be some ft job openings next year.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Yeah that’s what I’m wondering. Which 22,500 jobs? No way that’s all RPCD. Most centers are way over staffed, with ppl layed off.
Company I think got spooked by the 22.4 shenanigans this year. It seems obvious their strategy of divide and conquer is back to inside vs drivers as opposed to splitting up the drivers.

nWo

Screenshot_20230727-231204~2.png