Big Brown

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
And down the stretch they come, Deep purple (Fed- Ex) by a nose, D H Yellow a close second, but here comes Big Brown no holds bar and no hand rails, bulkhead saddle door open and no seat belt, Jockey Mgr Tieguy cracking the whip passing Deep Purple and DH yellow getting a whiff of Big Brown's tail-end and oooh, faltering in the end, going over 9 and a half hr furlongs it's Big Brown by a nose.

And jockey from Deep Purple looks like he's handing the jockey on Big Brown a ton of cash! Deep P by a nose over Big Brown who slows down to count, DH Yellow nowhere to be found.

Channahon

I'm guessing the betting UPSer's jumped on this one. I can only speak for management, of course.

I love to watch this event, as it is truly the most exciting 2 minutes in sports. This was the first year in about 20 years I missed watching the race.

Anyways, I was sorry to hear Eight Belles was put down due to her injuries. How sad is that?

I was at the play "Shout" with my granddaughter. And anyone who grew up in the 60's should see this play, if you enjoy going to the theatre.

UPS Lifer

Big Brown makes up for Dale Jarrett !!!!!!!:happy-very:

I certainly agree!

.... and there are basically two more weeks of talk (Triple Crown) until the Preakness and you know Big Brown will be the favorite again!

There is a distinct possibility that this horse could be a Triple Crown winner!

Wouldn't that be one for the ages for UPS! This would be the best spent advertising or sponsorship money to date! .... I think it already is!

HazMatMan

To think this all started because 2 guys decided to name a horse Big Brown after UPS.. UPS must be paying them big time for this one.

I heard on cnbc this morning that big brown was worth about 60 million today. They are insuring him for 50 million.

moreluck

golden ticket member
UPS Extends Its Pact To Sponsor Big Brown

By Corey Dade
Word Count: 789 | Companies Featured in This Article: United Parcel Service, Coca-Cola
Despite a pall cast over horse racing at this year's Kentucky Derby, United Parcel Service Inc. has doubled down on the favorite to win Saturday's Preakness Stakes.
The Atlanta delivery giant has extended its exclusive sponsorship of the hottest colt in the sport, who happens to bear the century-old company's nickname. Big Brown's victory in the Kentucky Derby two weeks ago only further convinced UPS that its sponsorship dollars were likely to be money well spent. The company has extended its agreement to be Big Brown's exclusive sponsor at the Preakness and at the Belmont Stakes on June 7.

tieguy

Banned
Big Brown wins again. Man what a race. at one point he pulled away like the rest of the pack was standing still. A great win for upsers everywhere.

With 1-2 odds, (is that the lewest odds ever?) what they say about him must be true. He's the best thing since sliced bread.

trickpony1

With all this excitement about Big Brown I think I'll drive down to the hub, sit outside the fence and stare at my feeder truck and then rush home to my bedroom and pleasure myself.

Are you all really that eaten up with it?

tieguy

Banned
Absolutely. Victory and success on our behalf. I can understand that those concepts are foriegn to you but......

I finally saw scott davis in the background. I know Abney is there too as well as others. Good to see they were not trying to hog the camera. ....:)

Interesting thing to. You would think members of the board of directors would ride in limo's. they rented mini vans to ride around instead of the limo's.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Interesting thing to. You would think members of the board of directors would ride in limo's. they rented mini vans to ride around instead of the limo's.
I wonder if they tried to save a couple bucks by renting minivans without a 3 point seatbelt or power steering. Probably not.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Originally Posted by tieguy
"Interesting thing to. You would think members of the board of directors would ride in limo's. they rented mini vans to ride around instead of the limo's."

As a shareholder, I'm glad they didn't waste the $$$ on limos !!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

One of my customers was flying on Delta once and sitting back in the coach section. A guy walks down the aisle and sits down next to him and strikes up a conversation. He was the current CEO of UPS at the time, Mike Eskew. He stated that he would have had to pay out of his pocket to upgrade to First Class. No small fleet of Leer jets like Fedex has for its BODs.

Congratulations to Big Brown for the win today. I hope he wins the Triple Crown.