Big Mistake

Trailer monkey

Id take all of the above. But I have a brain and don’t kiss corporate or the unions behind. Teamsters failed!
It was not a matter of failure, the Teamsters is a service model union, not an organizing model union. There is no demand from the majority of the membership for hazard pay, most UPS employees (not all) believe they are already well compensated in wages and benefits, absent of that demand, the union leadership is not going to push for it. I guess you could also say the union "failed" to get every member a pony

It was not a matter of failure, the Teamsters is a service model union, not an organizing model union. There is no demand from the majority of the membership for hazard pay, most UPS employees (not all) believe they are already well compensated in wages and benefits, absent of that demand, the union leadership is not going to push for it. I guess you could also say the union "failed" to get every member a pony

Do you have statistics to back your claim? A union is a union. You folks are pushovers. Let it be noted that UPS drivers complain all the time in person. On BC it’s totally different. Frauds.

It’s Okay folks to admit the Union failed on its negotiations for coronavirus. They could have got us higher pay. Unions are suppose to get their members more money.
How much comes out of your check for insurance?, then we can talk about how you are being ripped off

This is where this goes over your head. We have our health insurance. The Union failed on the Coronavirus Agreement. That agreement didn’t effect my previously agreed insurance. They negotiated to negotiate and got burned. UPS is covering up ill workers.

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
Can we still get a turkey if we get a pony? Give a man a turkey and you feed him for a day, give a man a pony and you feed him for a week.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Can we still get a turkey if we get a pony? Give a man a turkey and you feed him for a day, give a man a pony and you feed him for a week.
Now that's some funny stuff!
200w (1).gif

Give him some monkeys and they'll get MIP!

Socrates

Stocks are in the tank. We get paid well, no need to bankrupt the company in order to pander to fear. If you don't think the pay is worth the risk, quit.

If you don't quit you're saying you get paid enough already. Buck up, do your job, and quit whining.
This is just short-sighted. We're in what is usually the dog days of UPS, where they still make hundreds of millions in profits, but much lower than other quarters. Check it out for yourself:

United Parcel Service, Inc. (UPS) Income Statement - Yahoo Finance

Instead of laying off drivers, minimizing new Driver training and expanding delivery areas -- EVERYONE is working. Drivers cashing out sick days is GOOD for the company (especially if guys do it BEFORE they hit top rate), because it gets them off the books as a liability.

The "Stock Price" has absolutely :censored2:-all to do with our wages, it only affects executive compensation and stockholder dividends. UPS could make record profits next quarter and the stock price go DOWN, because tHE MarKeTS weRe exPectinG 3.12 pER ShAre and Ups oNLY MAdE 3.10 -- Share price reflects the value of the company PLUS a premium; it has not, and never will be, directly correlated with profitability.

I know you think you're cute by being dismissive, but you're really just showing how misinformed you are on the subject. 20th Century Bay Area Rapper PSD Put it best: "Players do what they WANT, haters do what they COULD" -- the Teamsters COULD win us more concessions and a pay increase, but they don't WANT to do so. If the Teamsters called for UPS to suspend ANY and ALL deliveries of NON-ESSENTIAL ITEMS (Televisions, Furniture, etc), UPS would be destroyed. Like Kim Jong-Un, that Nuclear Button remains on Hoffa's desk. Asking for a pay raise, with the public sentiment at our backs, would be far from a Pyrrhic victory - UPS would readily acquiesce. The fact the Teamsters didn't even try should make you do a BIG THINK, not rub it in everyone's face that we have spineless leadership.