Bigger vs Smaller Hub

Nildog

if I fully commit to UPS, there are two hubs near me that I am considering. One is small and one is in a bigger town with a bigger facility. Are there any pros and cons of either? For example, would there be a better chance of becoming a driver quicker at the bigger hub? Thanks!

upschuck

The bigger, the better, IMO. There may be more people ahead of you, but they'll be a heck of a lot more jobs open up.

if I fully commit to UPS, there are two hubs near me that I am considering. One is small and one is in a bigger town with a bigger facility. Are there any pros and cons of either? For example, would there be a better chance of becoming a driver quicker at the bigger hub? Thanks!
Do yourself a favor and apply elsewhere

You can thank me later.

Box Ox

I tell them to apply because we have the easiest job ever. I want them to suffer!!

California is different, though. The hottest heat they'd ever work in is 85 degrees. They'd get free breadsticks for life and have the retirement of an NFL all star if they move to Nevada. I'd tell them to go ahead and quit their office job for UPS.

542thruNthru

California is different, though. The hottest heat they'd ever work in is 85 degrees. They'd get free breadsticks for life and have the retirement of an NFL all star if they move to Nevada. I'd tell them to go ahead and quit their office job for UPS.

This is the second time you've mentioned breadsticks. Are you hungry for the breadsticks or something?

VeeTeeGee

Most definitely more jobs opening up at a big hub. Probably less bull:censored2: at a smaller hub? That's been my experience anyway but, and I must stress this, YMMV, and that certainly isn't a given!!! I had the same choice and went small, and it's a pretty chill environment that I 100% do not regret. Union and management aren't at each others throats here.

When we're shorthanded, the center manager will go come in and go dig out a long alone, not to hit some number, but because after the load positions are covered we only have one unloader, and he isn't about to solo 9000 packages out of 2 longs and 3 pups and get everyone else on pre-load off to school, other jobs, home to their kids, etc in time. And then at the end of the day will go ask the stewards to grieve the entire day on him so we can get everyone pizza and donuts and teach someone a lesson. HR I guess for continually dicking us around on new hires? Who knows. But it's appreciated. Not by many of the people here for reasons that are both quite valid and kinda dumb(depending), but that's the way everyone in our center wants it and it works for us. The big center around here is just a :censored2:show start to finish. And that works for some people too. ::shrug::

On the other hand, you can probably get "lost" in a big hub. You can't get lost in a small hub, and if it's a contentious place, good luck trying to stay out of it.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
you will become a 22.4 at either place

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Fully commit

Do It

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Do you like working weekends?