BILL E of L-186 CHARGED WITH “EMBEZZLEMENT” AFTER LOCAL ELECTION DEFEAT!

Hofficer Hater

On December 5, the Independent Investigations Officer (IIO) brought a charge of embezzlement against Bill E, the former secretary treasurer of Ventura California Local 186. After E was defeated for reelection a year ago, he paid out $97,780 “severance” to himself, former president Douglas S, former office manager Dennis S and former BA Carlos T. S was also charged by the IIO.

embez_thumb.jpg

The charge report notes that the payments were “without authority and served no union purpose” and violated the IBT Constitution clause prohibiting “extraordinary expenses” after an election defeat without the approval of the officers-elect. Incoming secretary treasurer Abel G sent E a letter citing this clause, soon after winning the election last December. The payments were made on December 28-29, 2015.

With the phony “severance” and accumulated vacation, E pulled down over $276,000 in 2015 from a local of about 1700 members.

This kind of greed has no place in the Teamsters Union. Unfortunately, under the Hoffa-Hall administration, we have to rely on the Independent Investigations Officer provided in the Final Order of federal court rather than any Teamster ethics mechanism in our International union.

If these guys were charged for under $100,000 missing; how will Andy the marshmallow man at Local 104 survive over $1 million misplaced? Hahahahaha!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Someone will be along soon to explain how these are all isolated incidents and not representative of the state of affairs union-wide under Hoffa....or how it is all fictitious and TDU's fault.

Hofficer Hater

What I find funny is that all the Hoffa lovers are upset he betrayed Ken H and filed charges on him.

Both Ken H and Andy M will be expelled from the IBT before April along with Rome A and several others and the members will be better off!

Where are all the corruption lovers?

5habits100

Awfully quiet in here!
If the charges are accurate, the people involved should have to pay the money back. After they do that, they should go to jail for a long time because, if true they are pieces of :censored2:. This isn't hard to figure out.

Ken's issue will be resolved and he will negotiate the UPS contract as he should because he is by far the best person for the job.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If the charges are accurate, the people involved should have to pay the money back. After they do that, they should go to jail for a long time because, if true they are pieces of :censored2:. This isn't hard to figure out.

Ken's issue will be resolved and he will negotiate the UPS contract as he should because he is by far the best person for the job.

And you know this how?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Anyone who understands the process, which quite obviously excludes you, knows exactly why Hoffa filed charges.
In Detroit, convincing each other their opinions of reality are facts.
What is your theory on why Ken H wouldn't cooperate with the government investigators, forcing Hoffa's hand in filing charges against him?
I figured it was to stall, in a weak attempt to protect their slate and RA out west in the General Election....(how ironic that those initials are mainstream in two independent thread, on both sides of the fence)?

I'm truly interested, if you would indulge me?

LeadBelly

Banned

This is one of my truest posts ever!!!!!!! Look for me between the 2nd and 3rd hour!!!

LeadBelly

Banned
What I find funny is that all the Hoffa lovers are upset he betrayed Ken H and filed charges on him.

Both Ken H and Andy M will be expelled from the IBT before April along with Rome A and several others and the members will be better off!

Where are all the corruption lovers?
hall will be 100% fine. When he is I'll be telling you I told you so.

LeadBelly

Banned
There is a process that needs to be gone through. Ken did nothing wrong and this will come out in do time. The IIO office is the real culprit here. He lied and it will all he proven.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There is a process that needs to be gone through. Ken did nothing wrong and this will come out in do time. The IIO office is the real culprit here. He lied and it will all he proven.
Something tells me that's not the case?

If it were so, why not scream it from the rafters?

If there was nothing to hide, or nothing to gain by stalling, why wouldn't Ken H cooperate?