Bird Flu

rushfan

Just a thought:

Is everyone freeking out over the "bird flu". I read a story that said that it has claimed 97 lives so far in the world-Most in Asia.

Now take a look how many people die of cancer, vehicle accidents, and other things. Is it just a big hype? I think so.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So, Rumsfeld did a better job of picking a medical stock than you did.......jealous?

He also has a cap. gains tax to pay.....BIGTIME!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Also, Rumsfeld is nearing retirement and probably needed to sell something to pay down debt and in doing so he incurs some more debt in the form of that tax bill on his gains. Going debt-free before retirement is what every analyst out there advises folks to do. Nothing sinister here!!!!

tieguy

Banned
moreluck said:
So, Rumsfeld did a better job of picking a medical stock than you did.......jealous?

An article that could clearly prove the point the avian flu has been overhyped. Is the Secretary of defense also involved in avian flu defense?

Tyrone Slothrop

moreluck said:

Read the article. He didn't pick the stock, it was given to him. Paying capital gains isn't that much of a hit these days, ask your husband. We should all have those kind of problems:wink:!

Have some fun tonight, do some research into Tamiflu, how long it lasts and who bought it all, as well as to how it's licensed. As with everything in this world, follow the money.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Back to the subject at hand...

Whether you like it or not the Bird Flu will be here in the U.S. sometime this year. :sad:

Stock up on canned goods and don't get near any birds. Keep your children indoors and pray it doesn't mutate. :wink:

How's that for hype???:lol:

Oh yeah, take a look at the following link too...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/print?id=1716820

wkmac

rushfan said:
Again, Haliburton is behind the bird flu

Haliburton is the source of all universal evil. At the time Satan tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden to partake of the Tree of Good and Evil, Satan aka Lucifer, Devil, etc. was Chairman of the Board and many of his most trusted demonic associates were board members as well. So you see Haliburton is really the root cause of the fall of man and the root cause of all sin. I'll bet some circles have Cheney as the son of Satan and that Cheney in greek numeric value equals 666.

:devil:

tieguy

Banned
wkmac said:
Haliburton is the source of all universal evil. At the time Satan tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden to partake of the Tree of Good and Evil, Satan aka Lucifer, Devil, etc. was Chairman of the Board and many of his most trusted demonic associates were board members as well. So you see Haliburton is really the root cause of the fall of man and the root cause of all sin. I'll bet some circles have Cheney as the son of Satan and that Cheney in greek numeric value equals 666.

:devil:

Indeed he is the one. In fact he has already fullfilled an important prophecy dying and coming back to life many times.:wink:

wkmac

tieguy said:
Indeed he is the one. In fact he has already fullfilled an important prophecy dying and coming back to life many times.:wink:

Wait! Wait! The anti-christ is to sustain a headwound and live so Cheney is a very important link to God's plan. He shot the other lawyer in the head and he lived so the other lawyer is the anti-christ!

I WIN!!!!!!!!

I want to thank my manager, my agent, my wife and my family for the sacrifice they have made so I could win the Hal Lindsey Award for Repeatitive Changing Prophetic Biblical Interpretation. I'm confident my historical prophetic observances will in fact change again within the next 5 minutes as like Hal, history too will prove me wrong!

:lol: :lol:

One thing you'll learn trying to out guess God is you can't out guess God!

tieguy

Banned
wkmac said:
Wait! Wait! The anti-christ is to sustain a headwound and live so Cheney is a very important link to God's plan. He shot the other lawyer in the head and he lived so the other lawyer is the anti-christ!

I WIN!!!!!!!!

I want to thank my manager, my agent, my wife and my family for the sacrifice they have made so I could win the Hal Lindsey Award for Repeatitive Changing Prophetic Biblical Interpretation. I'm confident my historical prophetic observances will in fact change again within the next 5 minutes as like Hal, history too will prove me wrong!

:lol: :lol:

One thing you'll learn trying to out guess God is you can't out guess God!

Which god? The one that speaks to me in church or the pullman brown one I am often accused of blindly following?:lol: :lol:

tieguy

Banned
Back on thread. I fully understand the historical data that tells us we should be concerned about the threat of an avian flu. I fully agree that we should be preemptively prepared for this threat. At the same time I am often suspicious with issues like this whose threat I feel may be overstated to further enhance the importance of government interdiction. At this point we have heard of numerous birds being infected with the avian flu. I have not seen where the threat has materialized in humans and I am reminded of the west Nile threat that was played up 3 years ago which caused some problems but where the threat never materialized to the degree projected. If overstating the threat was a positive contribution to minimizing the West Nile threat then lets keep our responses to health threats at the same level. But at the same time I have to wonder.........

wkmac

tieguy said:
Back on thread. I fully understand the historical data that tells us we should be concerned about the threat of an avian flu. I fully agree that we should be preemptively prepared for this threat. At the same time I am often suspicious with issues like this whose threat I feel may be overstated to further enhance the importance of government interdiction. At this point we have heard of numerous birds being infected with the avian flu. I have not seen where the threat has materialized in humans and I am reminded of the west Nile threat that was played up 3 years ago which caused some problems but where the threat never materialized to the degree projected. If overstating the threat was a positive contribution to minimizing the West Nile threat then lets keep our responses to health threats at the same level. But at the same time I have to wonder.........

Good point Tie and I can agree as well. I think (not 100% so don't quote me) that there have been about a 100 cases of humans having the disease but so far there appears to be to human to human transmission and I think that is the big fear if the disease will mutate to that point. Also the asian bird flocks are flying north to the summer nesting grounds in the artic where they will mingle with birds coming up the western Europe and North American flyways. What happens from there is the great unknown and concern.

In fairness to the gov't and health professionals, it's a damn if you do, damn if you don't kinda propositition. Like Katrina, there was some evidence to suggest this and that would happen if the right storm came to town but like all things there was another point of view. Gov't on all sides acted one way and it didn't work out. Now we have the Monday morning quarterbacking from all sides that we see. Flip the coin. Had gov't reacted the other way and thrown everything and the kitchen sink at it all and Katrina proves to be nothing, we'd still have the Monday morning quarterbacking from all quarters. "Gov't overreacted, etc."

In the case of global health professionals "it" could be they choose to error on the side of caution. I remember when AIDS first hit the scene and it was going to rival even the Black Death of Middle Age Europe in global scale, and in some parts like Africa it has had an impact. However, today AIDS is not cured but so much is known now to the point that so many longterm survivors and their good health are making some quietly rethink the relationship HIV has with AIDS. Folks like Magic Johnson are causing some to rethink and look again and discuss the "what if's" and what might have they missed in the first go round. Last couple of years we've heard much made of getting flu shots going into flu seasons only to learn later that the current vacine was made from last year's strain and the current year's strain is of a different type. Maybe you get lucky and maybe not.

automated

Q&A: Bird Flu in North America?

In recent weeks, top U.S. officials said they are treating bird flu's arrival as inevitable. WSJ.com's Matt Phillips asked a group of experts just how H5N1 could jump to North America -- whether by Asian or European flyways, smuggling, or some other means.

Link To Original Article