Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

Faceplanted

I mean, you don't seem to know or understand cardano. Smart contracts are where it will shine the most, and you think it won't have them. Calling MIT and math people dumb.

They can be wrong. But they cannot be dumb. And it's ironic that the guy who 'doesn't get it' is a codeveloper of the thing you love most.
There is nothing to understand. There is no working platform. cardano lacks the security and privacy features it’s competitors have already finished and functioning.

cardano is using Haskell language which nobody uses

Cardano has staking but it’s not true staking. And it does not necessary provide security for node outputs. Their staking solution is elementary and not secure. They do not have linear staking like a competitor.

MITs brightest minds were working on enigma, how did that work out

the industry standard has already been established. The Oracle standard has already been established. Every single big bank is already working with an ada competitor, swift the biggest payment processor is already working with a competitor. Nasdaq, circle, basically all of finance has already chosen a competitor.

all of defi is already using a competitor

circle and usdc integration is already happening with a competitor.

eth has scaled, every piece of literature I have read from bank reports to gov reports about centralized currencies will run on eth

smart bonds/derivatives/and every financial instruments that has released info has said they are working with another competitor

there is already a standard in place, bank of American is already settling stock contracts on the blockchain. Cardano is months maybe a year away from even having the capability of basic smart contracts.

cardano has no exclusive products, competitors have VFR, fair sequencing, DECO

basically the https of blockchsinhas already been established. Eth/link is going to handle almost everything.

when it comes to tracking food/pharma, TRAC is already established and doing work.

basically as of now cardano is way behind, they have 0 real partners, 0 use cases, and 0 working product. There is no big company interest, no pocs, no nothing. Just redditors buying

like I said, chances are you will make money, but it’s useless and will handle nothing more then niche projects, and even when they are handling those projects they will still rely on chainlink for oracle data.

there is nothing wrong with buying a project for a quick buck, but if you think ada is bringing anything to the table your slightly deluded

Faceplanted

Staked Ada means nothing , you can sell it as quickly as unstaked Ada. Keep listening to your Cryptoviser videos.
You know your :censored2: Johnny. What do you think about chainlinks linear staking?

did you see the swift sergey nazarov interview? It’s the most bullish thing iv seen. Iso 20022 will be the standard

Attachments

• 07D12ABC-691B-452F-B5D6-E2CD42B0BC35.jpeg
    07D12ABC-691B-452F-B5D6-E2CD42B0BC35.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 65

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
cardano is using Haskell language which nobody uses
This is something I never see anyone ever talk about, and I don't know why.

With Ethereum, they have Solidity obviously.
Which is a screwed up bastard child of javascript.

So even though it's a custom language, since it has it's roots in the most popular language in the world, your dev base is automatically massively bigger.

Who plans on learning a completely unknown language just to build projects on an unproven platform?

Faceplanted

This is something I never see anyone ever talk about, and I don't know why.

With Ethereum, they have Solidity obviously.
Which is a screwed up bastard child of javascript.

So even though it's a custom language, since it has it's roots in the most popular language in the world, your dev base is automatically massively bigger.

Who plans on learning a completely unknown language just to build projects on an unproven platform?
A lot of things cardano does makes no sense. Charlie is low iq :censored2: who thinks because he has a few credentials he’s somebody big or somebody smart.

Faceplanted

It's amazing that building something correctly takes longer than throwing patches at the first mover.
let me know when ada locks up some solid finntech firms, or banks, or anything in finance. it's too late.

once https protocol came out, that was the industry standard and that was that. I would highly look into iso 20022. The standard. From my understanding, Cardano isn't even iso 20022 compliant. Charlie is a glorified scam artist, he offers staking, it's not staking, nothing is being secured, there are no penalties for malicious data. He claims goals to hit finance, but he's not even iso 20022 compliant. Meanwhile a small handful of projects are compliant, have been working with and helping develop these regulations for 3 + years. Algo, link an even ripple. LiNK has had bonds aka swift bonds already iso 20022 compliant years ago. Ever bond, every stock price feed, and most derivatives (the largest market in the world) that will be using blockchain will be using LINK

all of these contracts will be secured by actual true staking. Your node provides faulty date, you get penalized. To secure the network they came up with the concept of super linear staking. There is nothing like it. All the value of contracts secured and fed by link will need to be collateralized. The tokenomics are insane.

imagine coming out with a solution or protocol after https was the industry standard. This is Cardano. Finance/derivitives/and finaancial products are the main thing blockchain will get adoption from. That train is gone.

Cardano talks buzzword game yet they use code nobody uses, they are not iso 20022 compliant, and are still working on smart contracts like they are some sort of new concept.

Last edited:

Over70irregs

Almost as quickly.

But it doesn't mean nothing.

It reflects a more intentional and knowledgeable investor set, because staking isn't as easy as buying and storing on an exchange. So, it means that a disproportionate number of ADA holders are active, knowledgeable crypto people.
Why does Cordano need to be decentralized when used as a database when applied to use in overseas countries?

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
You know your * Johnny. What do you think about chainlinks linear staking?

did you see the swift sergey nazarov interview? It’s the most bullish thing iv seen. Iso 20022 will be the standard
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I had to watch the interview. I am not a developer so I can’t really comment on the merits and cons of link’s technicals.. I can say that the project has stood the test of time.

Up until recently, I was a bitcoin maxi. I will now allow alts into my portfolio and right now they constitute 1 percent of my portfolio. Of that 1 percent , link is about 60 percent of it with ethereum , polka dot and yes Ada is inthere. I’m just trading it not dating it.

As long as bitcoin is under its 20 week moving average( currently around 42 grand . Every move down from a move up of bitcoin that keeps it under 42’k will bleed the alts more and more . So right now it is just an accumulation phase of bitcoin via dollar cost averaging for me.

Once bitcoin goes above its 20 week moving average and holds it as support and then trades sideways for a bit , i will sell out some bitcoin and convert into alts and ride the wave up before selling out via dynamic dollar cost averaging .

I recently became a paid lifetime member of Benjamin Cowen’s premium group. Based on his videos of the past two years , his strategies have proven to hold up to this market and it took me awhile to shed the bitcoin Maximilism.

for all intents and purposes, we are in a bear market but that is when one should accumulate bitcoin. You make money in a bull market and get rich in a bear market. I think we will enter a bull market again in 2 to 5 months . If not and 64k was the top for this market cycle then I accumulate in anticipation. Of the next halving fueled bull market .

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
Almost as quickly.

But it doesn't mean nothing.

It reflects a more intentional and knowledgeable investor set, because staking isn't as easy as buying and storing on an exchange. So, it means that a disproportionate number of ADA holders are active, knowledgeable crypto people.
The same active knowledgeable people who argue that it could go to 40 dollars because DOT did,thus revealing lack of understanding of market cap.

I’ll give Charles credit, he really knew how to create and pump the equivalent of a penny stock.
Remember when Charles said he would retreat to the shadows once Cardano was decentralized as a decentralized stock, I’m sorry, utility token shouldn’t be associated with one man? Yeah, Charles doesn’t remember either .

Ooh it’s Sunday night . Another Ask me anything on Charlie’s channel. Just don’t ask the hard questions. Ask him what his favorite wine is or what is the best video game he ever played.

wilberforce15

The same active knowledgeable people who argue that it could go to 40 dollars because DOT did,thus revealing lack of understanding of market cap.

I’ll give Charles credit, he really knew how to create and pump the equivalent of a penny stock.
Remember when Charles said he would retreat to the shadows once Cardano was decentralized as a decentralized stock, I’m sorry, utility token shouldn’t be associated with one man? Yeah, Charles doesn’t remember either .

Ooh it’s Sunday night . Another Ask me anything on Charlie’s channel. Just don’t ask the hard questions. Ask him what his favorite wine is or what is the best video game he ever played.
Do you have any idea how easy it is to find any given holder of any crypto with a stupid price target? Talk about low hanging fruit.

rod

Retired 22 years

Bitcoin pros speculate over possible loss of $2 billion crypto fortune after death of one large owner​

its a trap