Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

oldngray

nowhere special

Faceplanted

Buying good projects < doggie coin bsc rugs

what a time to be alive. Our day will come. Or maybe it won’t and we’re just too smart for our own good in a market ruled by stupidity.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
True decentralization takes care of this. Note: In Bear market Most alt crypto projects will disappear completely or drop 90-99%.
Really?

Cause with the 7 day delay for rolling out governance changes due to the decentralized smart contract, it seems like the decentralized nature is going to be the death of it.

Contracts are only as good as the developers who wrote them. It's not a democracy.
It's like voting in the US, but instead of two parties, you really only have one.

Vote for whatever you want, as long as it is the upgrade put out by the core team.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
True decentralization takes care of this. Note: In Bear market Most alt crypto projects will disappear completely or drop 90-99%.
Also, in the case of Compound, all it takes is the top 8 people who own Comp to vote together, and they have a majority.

None of these Defi protocols actually seem to have any semblance of democracy.

Over70irregs

Also, in the case of Compound, all it takes is the top 8 people who own Comp to vote together, and they have a majority.

None of these Defi protocols actually seem to have any semblance of democracy.
Just observe their pre-mine history and you will see the good-ol-boy hookup proliferation. These defi protocols have CEO’s who call the shots and apply brakes like the stock market whenever needed.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
This guy knows nothing!

This guy knows nothing as well:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Just observe their pre-mine history and you will see the good-ol-boy hookup proliferation. These defi protocols have CEO’s who call the shots and apply brakes like the stock market whenever needed.
Yep.
I used to think Defi was the future, but anymore it just seems to me to be a new way of doing things exactly the same...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
BE11DAE0-376E-4953-BAD4-06837A0A7833.jpeg