Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

ManInBrown

My advice for anyone that owns ETH, you better sell. Because when Ripple is done slapping Gary Gensler and the SEC around and they win their case and get clarity for XRP. Gary’s going right after Ethereum. Ethereum was and still is 1000% a security. Hinman gave his infamous free pass speech because it filled his pockets, and his future employer’s pockets. Ethereum meets every single test to be classified a security. If you own some, you better sell. Going to be delisted just like XRP was. Price will go right in the tank. Why do you think Gary has been asked about 15 times in front of congress in the last month if Ethereum is a security, and he refuses to answer? Because they’re next.

wilberforce15

257124586_10158140234896493_535937102827728122_n.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There are powerful money interests that would prefer to stop any decentralized entity's.
They’ll have to adapt because they are not stopping it.

Well they’re already adapting. The tech is here and will have widespread use but very few companies are going to trust another company’s centralized solution.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They’ll have to adapt because they are not stopping it.

Well they’re already adapting. The tech is here and will have widespread use but very few companies are going to trust another company’s centralized solution.
Ya one of my main concerns with origin trail and web 3.0 is tech oligarchs not wanting a truly decentralized network, and them trying to build something that seems decentralized but is really proprietary and OT gets sidelined.

OT's founder did a good talkwith the Acala guy about their new partnership. He got into some existing use cases, and I liked that big companies like Walmart and Target are using OT and actually sharing audit data on the knowledge graph already. They can put audit information in about stuff they both source from the same places and share the data and keep it private at the same time.

I mean if you apply Metcalf's Law to this thing's growth it's already unstoppable.

Brownslave688

Ya one of my main concerns with origin trail and web 3.0 is tech oligarchs not wanting a truly decentralized network, and them trying to build something that seems decentralized but is really proprietary and OT gets sidelined.

OT's founder did a good talkwith the Acala guy about their new partnership. He got into some existing use cases, and I liked that big companies like Walmart and Target are using OT and actually sharing audit data on the knowledge graph already. They can put audit information in about stuff they both source from the same places and share the data and keep it private at the same time.

I mean if you apply Metcalf's Law to this thing's growth it's already unstoppable.
I think your last sentence is key. I think they’ve worked so much behind the scenes and with standards organizations that too much is already in motion. Plus it’s a base protocol level stuff like http. People will use it but have no idea what they’re using.

Plus check out Berners-Lee. Dude literally invented the World Wide Web. The Internet existed but he connected it all. Gave the tech away for free because that was the vision for the Internet. These great inventors of the early Internet hate that it’s become pay to play type of thing.

Brownslave688

There’s a good interview from a few months back with the head of Home Depot supply chain. He said his goal is move past audits and have these companies put their entire supply chains down to individual batch tracking on the ODN.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I think your last sentence is key. I think they’ve worked so much behind the scenes and with standards organizations that too much is already in motion. Plus it’s a base protocol level stuff like http. People will use it but have no idea what they’re using.
Totally. One of the reasons I'm hesitant about crypto in general is that something always comes around and disrupts the status quo.

I like that the origin trail layer is blockchain agnostic. Plus the team has shown they can successfully pivot and adapt when they need to.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Plus check out Berners-Lee. Dude literally invented the World Wide Web. The Internet existed but he connected it all. Gave the tech away for free because that was the vision for the Internet. These great inventors of the early Internet hate that it’s become pay to play type of thing.
About damn time the internet got back to it's libertarian days.

Brownslave688

Totally. One of the reasons I'm hesitant about crypto in general is that something always comes around and disrupts the status quo.

I like that the origin trail layer is blockchain agnostic. Plus the team has shown they can successfully pivot and adapt when they need to.
Impressed that you’ve been following. Most other people buy and 3 months later are like hmmm what’s going on. Lol

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My advice for anyone that owns ETH, you better sell. Because when Ripple is done slapping Gary Gensler and the SEC around and they win their case and get clarity for XRP. Gary’s going right after Ethereum. Ethereum was and still is 1000% a security. Hinman gave his infamous free pass speech because it filled his pockets, and his future employer’s pockets. Ethereum meets every single test to be classified a security. If you own some, you better sell. Going to be delisted just like XRP was. Price will go right in the tank. Why do you think Gary has been asked about 15 times in front of congress in the last month if Ethereum is a security, and he refuses to answer? Because they’re next.
Whoah! Code red!

Brownslave688

I don’t think ETH has to worry about security nonsense but it’s close to being a dead project I think.