Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

Over70irregs

BTC is the only legal, ethical, technical safe haven in crypto. Legal- political backing of miner proof of work. Technical- security by asics mining.
Ethical- commonly acknowledged as property.

rod

Retired 22 years
I started reading that but only got to the first paragraph where it says--and I quote. Keep in mind that all cryptocurrencies are just based on computer codes and these "coins" are not actually money. That's all I need to know . No thanks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I started reading that but only got to the first paragraph where it says--and I quote. Keep in mind that all cryptocurrencies are just based on computer codes and these "coins" are not actually money. That's all I need to know . No thanks.
Stocks and bonds are not money. They can be traded for money

Over70irregs

Debit card and online accounts are just code. Total respect to a brothers decision. Pensions and retirement accounts are standing by to diversify. Father almost 80. No crypto for him but mom is dabbling. Filter is on.

Overpaid Union Thug

My advice for anyone that owns ETH, you better sell. Because when Ripple is done slapping Gary Gensler and the SEC around and they win their case and get clarity for XRP. Gary’s going right after Ethereum. Ethereum was and still is 1000% a security. Hinman gave his infamous free pass speech because it filled his pockets, and his future employer’s pockets. Ethereum meets every single test to be classified a security. If you own some, you better sell. Going to be delisted just like XRP was. Price will go right in the tank. Why do you think Gary has been asked about 15 times in front of congress in the last month if Ethereum is a security, and he refuses to answer? Because they’re next.
If true does that mean we should sell Etherium tokens as well?

Overpaid Union Thug

Luckily @Brownslave688 sold me on it before the Coinbase listing. I've definitely drank the Kool aid on this thing, it's only gonna get bigger.

The only thing I'll say is that I see it as a long term play. The short term price movements on it don't seem to make any damn sense and the swings are huge.
I see these juicy opportunities all the time. Just haven’t attempted any. You guys are way ahead of me. I’m just now putting what I consider a “substantial” amount of money into crypto. Probably pocket change for most of you in this thread. I’m too close to the end of my career to have the balls to risk as much as I’d like.

Overpaid Union Thug

I used Gemini same thing. Main thing is to get an exchange that has track record. I use strike app then transfer to coinbase. Use voyager and nexo also. Voyager had a free $100 BTC deal couldn’t pass up.
Strike is free but only for buying BTC? Correct? If that’s true I’ll cancel my reoccurring orders on Coinbase and buy it with Strike. Then transfer it to Coinbase.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I see these juicy opportunities all the time. Just haven’t attempted any. You guys are way ahead of me. I’m just now putting what I consider a “substantial” amount of money into crypto. Probably pocket change for most of you in this thread. I’m too close to the end of my career to have the balls to risk as much as I’d like.
I'm not far ahead of you man, just getting started. My wife and I are still maxing out our 401ks and IRAs, I don't have the balls to go all in on crypto.

In March I dropped the equivalent of 5-10% of our retirement savings into crypto. Somehow that's already turned into about 30% of our investments. I try not to think about it too much because I know it could crash any minute.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm not far ahead of you man, just getting started. My wife and I are still maxing out our 401ks and IRAs, I don't have the balls to go all in on crypto.

In March I dropped the equivalent of 5-10% of our retirement savings into crypto. Somehow that's already turned into about 30% of our investments. I try not to think about it too much because I know it could crash any minute.
I only moved $1000 from my savings account/emergency fund and spread it around a handful of cryptos. LOL

I’m setting up reoccurring buys on some though. The gains on that $1k this morning alone have far surpassed my yearly interest on the ENTIRE balance of that emergency fund. Makes it tempting to put much more of it into play. But I’ve seen how volatile crypto is.

Piercepau

Cryptomarket was gambling back then the post was created, and remains so now. I like the thread is still alive, it means we have more and more crypto addicts. Unfortunately, the same goes for me. I can't leave the crypto trading, no matter how I try. My latest investment into Squid coins brought more money than my annual revenue being a damned manager.