Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
Nothing wrong with taking a chance on a little speculation just don't be a Tom Brady
I don’t think Tom Brady was being a Tom Brady in this case. Regardless of misleading yahoo headlines, he and his now ex wife didn’t put their entire 650 million dollar fortune into ftx or
Crypto. He was paid for his services as a spokesperson with an equity stake in ftx which is now worthless. But he, as far as I know, didn’t invest any of his own money into ftx.

Over70irregs

He pied pipered it though. Funny thing is when humans get involved greed factors in. Keep $ off exchanges. This is sovereignty. FTX crisis avoided
1668343902964.jpeg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Would need more information to know if this is a problem though right?

They're kind of a joke exchange, mostly onboarding normies who would buy crap like Shiba. I wouldn't be surprised if close to 20% of their user purchases are dog coins.

It's long past time to shake these fleas off the industry.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
So. Am I getting this right? Instead of Coinbase and Coinbase Pro being two separate things, now you will just have Coinbase but use the Advanced Trade feature if you want to reap the benefits of Pro?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

They're kind of a joke exchange, mostly onboarding normies who would buy crap like Shiba. I wouldn't be surprised if close to 20% of their user purchases are dog coins.

You're right, it isn't a problem.

They hold 1:1 reserves for their customers, and most of the retail idiots there hold SHIB.

Honestly, more responsible and transparent than if they were holding bitcoin. They aren't gambling with user funds, just holding them.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
So. Am I getting this right? Instead of Coinbase and Coinbase Pro being two separate things, now you will just have Coinbase but use the Advanced Trade feature if you want to reap the benefits of Pro?
Yep, you stated it perfectly.

Of course, they made it a little non intuitive and difficult finding the button to advanced trade so I have no doubt that many newbies will go the default and easier method and end up paying higher fees

Over70irregs

Bitcoin exposes all eventually. Greed gets uncovered. Not sure how they/him figured it out. I think it was by accident.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yes

Booooooooo by the way

Smart man here. Sees blood in the streets and is trying to set up buys.