Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

It’s ok, we all make mistakes. No need to lie about. Learn from your mistake.
I buy stuff like this.
It always has a value
15455017763897919217670688305197.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I seen lots of people dump tons of money buying those beanie babies hooiho they was going to get rich off of it.
I’ve seen lots of people dump
Money into real estate or stocks or bonds or their own businesses and lose a boatload.

I’ve also seen people 100X their money in crypto. No way would I throw everything I’ve got into it but for 100x I’m willing to throw some.

I’ve seen lots of people dump
Money into real estate or stocks or bonds or their own businesses and lose a boatload.

I’ve also seen people 100X their money in crypto. No way would I throw everything I’ve got into it but for 100x I’m willing to throw some.
Nothing wrong with taking a chance on something , as long as it's money you can afford to lose.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This is a new asset class not a collectible. This is essentially the internet boom all over again just probably much much bigger.

The internet didn’t really become the internet until people found out how to profit off of it. Same thing here blockchain won’t really take off until people figure out a way to profit off it.

Do we know which ones are pets.com and which ones are the next google or amazon? No but you can make an educated guess
I've yet to hear a reasonable argument as to why it is an asset.

Faceplanted

I've yet to hear a reasonable argument as to why it is an asset.
What was life like during ww2?

I’m still trying to figure out why pressurized rocks are worth anything and can be considered an asset. You can buy a diamond circular saw for cheap, but if it’s a big rock it’s some how more valuable?

Anything is what you make it. Bitcoin is “mined” just as silver and gold. It takes an initial investment to set up a mining operation. It’s a store of value just as silver and gold. It’s speculative just like silver and gold. I could argue that it’s actually more valuable than the US dollar and more of an asset, as not 1 entity is controlling it, and no more can be minted.

Boomers seem to think their paper money that literally represents 1s and 0s is some how more legit than 1s and 0s on a open ledger.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Anything is what you make it. Bitcoin is “mined” just as silver and gold. It takes an initial investment to set up a mining operation. It’s a store of value just as silver and gold. It’s speculative just like silver and gold. I could argue that it’s actually more valuable than the US dollar and more of an asset, as not 1 entity is controlling it, and no more can be minted.

Boomers seem to think their paper money that literally represents 1s and 0s is some how more legit than 1s and 0s on a open ledger.

Ya, like I said, I've yet to hear a reasonable argument for why crypto is an asset.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ya, like I said, I've yet to hear a reasonable argument for why crypto is an asset.
The fact that major financial institutions are accepting it as an asset class is really the only argument anyone needs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.coindesk.com/morgan-stanley-says-crypto-is-a-new-institutional-asset-class?amp

But here is basically an outline of the future of blockchain. It outlines what customers will be charged to use it and how people running nodes will be compensated. This is the future I see for blockchain. This technology will not exist without people monetizing it.

AMBERnomics Update: Dec 2018 – Ambrosus

Now I also believe bitcoin is a much better and safer store of value than gold or silver. We know EXACTLY how scarce it is. I think litecoin is a better form of money than anything we have. Inflation is never a worry. As things cost more each one is worth more instead of losing worth and needing more. Now that’s in a perfect world and I don’t know that the governments will let it happen or it’ll only happen under their terms.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The fact that major financial institutions are accepting it as an asset class is really the only argument anyone needs
That is the best argument I've heard, and it just doesn't hold up IMO.
But here is basically an outline of the future of blockchain. It outlines what customers will be charged to use it and how people running nodes will be compensated. This is the future I see for blockchain. This technology will not exist without people monetizing it.

AMBERnomics Update: Dec 2018 – Ambrosus
FFS, thats a hot mess of nonsense.
T
Now I also believe bitcoin is a much better and safer store of value than gold or silver. We know EXACTLY how scarce it is. I think litecoin is a better form of money than anything we have. Inflation is never a worry. As things cost more each one is worth more instead of losing worth and needing more.
Bitcoin costs more to mine than it is worth in dollars. This is economic theory on meth amphetamine.
Now that’s in a perfect world and I don’t know that the governments will let it happen or it’ll only happen under their terms.
Agreed.