Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
157B7E92-A7FF-43AB-9B28-16BAA1F25C7D.jpeg

What do you guys think of the Iraqi Dinar thing? Two of my friends have been buying them and one just sent me these. I read conflicting things online about them...some saying it’s a scam and others saying they will probably revalue one day. I’ll just stick them in a drawer and forget about them. Lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
View attachment 166787

What do you guys think of the Iraqi Dinar thing? Two of my friends have been buying them and one just sent me these. I read conflicting things online about them...some saying it’s a scam and others saying they will probably revalue one day. I’ll just stick them in a drawer and forget about them. Lol.
This is cryptocurrencies we are talking about.

I have no idea about paper currency. The paper currency can be very hard to predict because it's all controlled by a few central banks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Let me rephrase—-how do they get paid in real money?
"Your crypto is never stored on their systems. There’s no need to trust TenX to hold your money. You are your own bank. The system uses the magic of smart contracts to automate the process of transferring cryptocoins to your card. In essence, the contract self-escrows the money and releases it to the network as needed. The conversion to old world money, like dollars and cents, happens on the fly as you pay."

Quoted from
The article I linked. The conversion happens in real time on the fly.

35years

Gravy route
I have been thinking more about this brave new world of unregulated crypto currencies.

Personally, I believe the switch to cryptos will eventually lead to a devastating worldwide economic collapse.

At the first sign of hyper-inflation money floods into cryptos as a hedge against the dollar, or if the current debt crisis in China is mismanaged, the Renminbi...The Venezuela economic meltdown was the pre-cusor, it was not gold or the dollar that people fled to...but cryptos.

China Puts the Global Economy’s Health at Risk

For a short time the cryptos soar. With no regulation to manage volatility, the crash comes quickly afterward.

Just my opinion.

Box Ox

This is the tech bubble we have been waiting for
  • Smart people like VC Bill Gurley are beginning to worry that cryptocurrency ICOs are a bubble.
  • People are investing in Bitcoin and other digital coins even though they hold no equity value and offer no claims on any kind of underlying asset.
  • On that definition, ICOs are actually worse than dot-com stocks in 1999 — at least back then investors owned a piece of a company with a revenue stream.
  • Crypto bulls keep saying that Bitcoin is an established "store of value."
  • The problem is that the value being stored is simply everyone else's agreement that there must be value here. There is no other asset. And that is what a bubble looks like.
“When the property bubble collapsed in 2008, at least people still owned houses”