Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is the tech bubble we have been waiting for
  • Smart people like VC Bill Gurley are beginning to worry that cryptocurrency ICOs are a bubble.
  • People are investing in Bitcoin and other digital coins even though they hold no equity value and offer no claims on any kind of underlying asset.
  • On that definition, ICOs are actually worse than dot-com stocks in 1999 — at least back then investors owned a piece of a company with a revenue stream.
  • Crypto bulls keep saying that Bitcoin is an established "store of value."
  • The problem is that the value being stored is simply everyone else's agreement that there must be value here. There is no other asset. And that is what a bubble looks like.
“When the property bubble collapsed in 2008, at least people still owned houses”
  • The problem is that the value being stored is simply everyone else's agreement that there must be value here. There is no other asset. And that is what a bubble looks like.

You could say the same about the US dollar

Brownslave688

This is the tech bubble we have been waiting for
  • Smart people like VC Bill Gurley are beginning to worry that cryptocurrency ICOs are a bubble.
  • People are investing in Bitcoin and other digital coins even though they hold no equity value and offer no claims on any kind of underlying asset.
  • On that definition, ICOs are actually worse than dot-com stocks in 1999 — at least back then investors owned a piece of a company with a revenue stream.
  • Crypto bulls keep saying that Bitcoin is an established "store of value."
“When the property bubble collapsed in 2008, at least people still owned houses”
Currency is not meant to have a "revenue stream"

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
View attachment 166787

What do you guys think of the Iraqi Dinar thing? Two of my friends have been buying them and one just sent me these. I read conflicting things online about them...some saying it’s a scam and others saying they will probably revalue one day. I’ll just stick them in a drawer and forget about them. Lol.
I bought one million Iraqi Dinars almost 20 years ago. Still waiting for it to go up.

35years

Gravy route
Since I started this thread just over 3 months ago...
Bitcoin up 250 %
Litecoin up 227%...Up 2,250% year to date.
Ripple up 177%...Up 4,340% year to date

Bitcoin Cash up from $299 in August to $1,580 today. 528% increase in just over 3 months

Last edited:

Brownslave688

Since I started this thread just over 3 months ago...
Bitcoin up 250 %
Litecoin up 227%...Up 2,250% year to date.
Ripple up 177%...Up 4,340% year to date

Bitcoin Cash up from $299 in August to $1,580 today. 528% increase in just over 3 months
If one put 20k into Ethereum a year ago they'd be a millionaire.

rickyb

max keiser, whos advice i foolishly didnt follow, has been recommending bitcoin since 2011. very critical of bitcoin cash.

PhatPattheRiverRat

Well, I bought Bitcoin at a low, low price about two years ago. Sold it and pretty much tripled my investment, great. Turns out, if I would've held it I could be worth something in the neighborhood of a million dollars or more as I type this...awesome.

Picked up some Ethereum last month, and will not be making the same mistake. I plan on riding this out until late 2018, and then seeing what things look like. If I lose 2 grand, I lose 2 grand — it can be recovered. I just don't want to miss out again.

What makes me excited for Ethereum, and a bit skiddish around it at the same time is Ethereum's potential to change the way we view currency, both with new and groundbreaking technologies (more potential then BTC within that realm in my opinion) that will spring up around it, and an absolutely mindblowing potential for growth.There will be growing pains i.e. hacks, regulation attempts and wildly obtuse speculation, but I really think it is going to be a winner for awhile.

I think there is something being overlooked here that will fuel the rise of cryptocurrency even more: how unstable Washington is right now in so many ways. This administration is a godsend for the valuation of alternative currencies, and that isn't a knock on Trump & Co. just a fact. Things will go up before they come down.

Brownslave688

Well, I bought Bitcoin at a low, low price about two years ago. Sold it and pretty much tripled my investment, great. Turns out, if I would've held it I could be worth something in the neighborhood of a million dollars or more as I type this...awesome.

Picked up some Ethereum last month, and will not be making the same mistake. I plan on riding this out until late 2018, and then seeing what things look like. If I lose 2 grand, I lose 2 grand — it can be recovered. I just don't want to miss out again.

What makes me excited for Ethereum, and a bit skiddish around it at the same time is Ethereum's potential to change the way we view currency, both with new and groundbreaking technologies (more potential then BTC within that realm in my opinion) that will spring up around it, and an absolutely mindblowing potential for growth.There will be growing pains i.e. hacks, regulation attempts and wildly obtuse speculation, but I really think it is going to be a winner for awhile.

I think there is something being overlooked here that will fuel the rise of cryptocurrency even more: how unstable Washington is right now in so many ways. This administration is a godsend for the valuation of alternative currencies, and that isn't a knock on Trump & Co. just a fact. Things will go up before they come down.
While it would be a disaster for the many a total collapse of the dollar would be a boom for those in cryptos

Brownslave688

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you can expect to 10x your money in Ethereum in 2018