Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you worked a little more you might have some more play money :wink2:.
I put $500 each in BTC and ETH, curious to see what the difference is a year from now assuming they both don't tank.

I've got about 50k to play with if I really wanted to. Those sums of money take awhile to clear the bank then again to clear from the bank to coinbase.

And in just a week or two you could lose out on huge growth here.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i think the ship has sailed on investing large sums of money on this, unless you've got tens of K lying around the risk is just too great even for more than a couple K

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
IMG_6473.JPG

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yeah but how much does a fee matter when you're talking about 1000% plus gains.
I agree, but there's a limit to how much different crypto I'm willing to invest in. I went with Gemini knowing I would be limited to btc and eth and I'm ok with that. I half expect all this stuff to tank anyway, ltc included, at which point at least I'll have paid lower fees for the privilege of losing all my money :rolleyes:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Bitcoin? I bought a few in 2014... ignored it for a few years. Now it's fun to watch it go up, but I'm pretty sure it will go back down. Maybe it will continue to go up, who knows? Pure speculation.

I also bought my daughter a few Beanie Babies during the hype back in the day, so my judgement is not to be trusted.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was delivering to one of the financial services offices on my route yesterday and asked one of the advisers his opinion on bitcoin. He told me to avoid it like the plague and to sell any holdings that I may have been stupid enough to have.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Bitcoin? I bought a few in 2014... ignored it for a few years. Now it's fun to watch it go up, but I'm pretty sure it will go back down. Maybe it will continue to go up, who knows? Pure speculation.

I also bought my daughter a few Beanie Babies during the hype back in the day, so my judgement is not to be trusted.

When the BB craze was at its peak we had 15 or so women in 3 different cars with walkie talkies following our city drivers around. This was back when the BB factory used to put markings on their shipping boxes letting people know what was in them. When they saw one of us delivering them they would radio their friends who would descend upon that poor store owner like Moreluck on a sale on dog food at Albertson's.

35years

Gravy route
Ripple up 10,000% in 10 months.
Doubled in the last 2 days.
Passing litecoin to take fourth place by cryptocurrency market capitalization.

Last edited: